Old 07-27-2011, 10:09 AM   #7
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Dollywood theme park is the product of a wonderful relationship between Herschend Family Entertainment and entertainment legend Dolly Parton that dates back to 1985. Herschend Family Entertainment is the operating partner for Dolly Parton in her Dollywood Company, which owns the Dollywood theme park and Dollywood's Splash Country water park, both in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.

Additionally, the Dollywood Company is a partner in the Dixie Stampede dinner attractions located in Branson, MO and Pigeon Forge, TN; and Pirates Voyage in Myrtle Beach, SC.

For more information on Herschend Family Entertainment Corporation, please visit www.hfecorp.com.

Sources: http://www.dollywood.com/dollywood-q...formation.aspx

The park first opened in 1961 as a small tourist attraction named "Rebel Railroad", featuring a steam train, general store, blacksmith shop, and saloon. In 1966, Rebel Railroad was renamed "Goldrush Junction" and in 1970, the Cleveland Browns football team purchased the park. In 1976, Jack and Pete Herschend bought the park, and in 1977, renamed it "Silver Dollar City Tennessee" (not to be confused with Silver Dollar City in Branson, Missouri, also owned by the Herschends). In 1986, Dolly Parton became a co-owner, and the park was renamed "Dollywood".

Sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollywood

Apparently it is still currently co-owned by a Dolly Parton Company.

What is interesting is that I can remember back when it was Silver Dollar City and that train ride up the mountain. Showing my age here, but i grew up going there. I got my first bee-sting at Silver Dollar City.

It just hits so close to home with my heart to know gay people have been treated this way here. I am continuing to research and hopefully will find a way to sign a petition or do something....anything.

I'll keep watching and reporting!!!! Thanks all!!!!!

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: