Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
So, guys. I was away at a conference through yesterday morning and the choices of food were limited. I actually didn't have the option to eat vegan, or even vegatarian at some meals (which was surprising, actually). Anyway, I felt like crap for those days. I ate my last meal, lunch yesterday there and I still feel like crap today.

So crazy how much my energy level is impacted by food. I am going to head to the co-op now since the cupboard is empty.
That's the new challenge I face, Dapper. That must have been so hard, not finding the types of foods you need on the menu. Just a few days ago, my friend and colleague from work took us out to dinner. I already knew where we'd go (Olive Garden, her favorite restaurant). So I put some of my own veggies and berries and dry salad fixings (Sesame Tahini sticks, raisins, Chia seeds, and walnuts), and took my own bottle of Tumeric salad dressing. I couldn't have any of the regular Italian cuisine fare on the menu, just their base garden salad and pepperocini peppers. My salad looked awesome and was very filling, after I put my own veggies and stuff on it. Of course, it would have been great if I didn't have to take my own salad fixings, and of course not every restaurant will allow you to do that.

This summer I'm going to be looking for different types of food venues because my favorite places to have lunch or supper, or even breakfast, don't really cater to the vegan crowd.

But, heck yes, I feel better sticking to an plant based diet. The energy one feels is so very uplifting, you feel vibrant and alive.

If you find any good vegan foods at the co-op, I hope you'll share about them here. Happy shopping, Dapper!
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: