Old 03-24-2018, 08:30 AM   #3
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoberBoi View Post
It seems like 9 months of T has only helped me better understand that I am indeed homosexual. When I presented as female, I was attracted to cis-females... As I got older and presented as butch lesbian, I was attracted to butch lesbians. When my dysphoria increased, I was attracted to transgender females ("pre-FTM" lol).

When my Transition started, I was attracted to FTMs. Now, I am correctly gendered by society and I am STILL attracted to the same... I am attracted to gay guys, FTMs, and MTFs. I am now a bi-sexual guy in transition, attracted to cis-sexual gay guys and other people in transition.

I still don't understand cis-sexual females, makeup, how to work on a car, or why I have a beard growing on my throat that has trouble finding its way to my face, but... it is what it is...To thine own self be true.

Go figure... So many people get confused between orientation, presentation, and identification that I was lost in the shuffle myself. I am a homosexual.... coool. xox

I also want to point out that more may change too... I seem to no longer identify with lesbians because there seems to be an innate fear that they will incorrectly gender me. I dated someone who would refer to her ex-husband as a "real man"... that soured me greatly.... ex's are ex for a reason.
I have read on social media of a number of FTMs (those on testosterone), say that they have found themselves attracted to cis males after starting testosterone, when they were only attracted to cis females prior to this.

The "thinking" (stated by both trans people and those of us who work with trans people...again, based on my experience), is that after people start living within their own gender, they can "loosen up", so to speak and travel to where they true desires lie. Prior to this they felt like in order to be a "man", they had to be attracted to females. Or they just assumed they were "lesbians" because they didn't have any words for what they felt (they were unaware of what transgender was).

I have not never/heard a change in sexual orientation/desire from FTMs who dated cis males prior to transition (still attracted to cis males only), nor a change from MTFs who dated males prior to transition (still attracted to cis males, only). I have heard of some cases of MTFs who were only attracted to cis females prior to transition having some attraction to cis males after transition (most often after having lower surgery).

The other caveat I would like to mention in this is that I have only seen the shift in sexual desire to cis males in young FTMs (early 20's). I have yet to experience a FTM 30ish+ (both in my practice and social media) who always dated cis females to start to be attracted to cis males.

FTMs and MTFs dating trans people after they start transition I have seen in different combinations. I see no pattern there.

Again, this is based on my heavy experience in social media trans groups and as a gender therapist for the past 12+ years. I have read no academic/research studies on any of this.

ETA: I have had no change in my desires in who I am attracted to and prefer to date. My preference is still geared towards queer femmes.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: