View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 10:48 PM   #416
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Tomorrow is the first day with students. We have had days of meetings and unpacking. There is a new principal who is trying to whip us into shape. *yawn*

We had to unpack because they made us pack EVERYTHING last Spring. They thought we were going to move. We didn't end up moving, which is worse in a way. But I rearranged my room so that my desk is no longer in a drafty spot.

A parent called today to talk about her life and update me on her kid -- a 20 year old with a serious mental illness. He'll graduate from high school this semester. Nice kid.

Anyway, I felt so detached. It worries me. It's not like me to not care or to have to work at it. My father died this summer. I guess I felt that some of her problems were rather "high end." I was not aware that I though that or anything, but I could tell that I just didn't care much about her stuff, and it scared me. I WAS glad to hear that her son had had an OK summer. No regressing, which can happen during breaks.

Grief is weird though. It has affected me in ways I didn't anticipate, like this. I hope I snap out of it pretty quickly.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post: