View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 01:27 PM   #1
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
He’s my scorpio boo bear.

Thanked 32,039 Times in 9,966 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Setting the bar high?

I wonder if people in the community would be interested in sharing views on whether Setting the Bar High is the proverbial magic bullet that serves to help you find an healthy romantic relationship.... especially one that endures over time.

I've always thought that standards I've set for myself would help govern the odds of finding the sweetest, kindest, most supportive love interest, which over time would lead to commitment and an healthy long term relationship.

But I'm torn about the idea of "setting the bar high."

In my mind, just because we seek to set the groundwork, in personal ways, to make sure we don't accept less than we deserve or end up in serial dating relationships, trying to find Ms Right or the best fit romantically, I'm interested in hearing from members in the community about whether 'setting the bar high' worked in your favor and worked toward the best interest of the other person you have been romantically involved with.

My personal thoughts about "setting the bar high" revolve around the fact that just because we do that, it doesn't always guarantee that you'll end up with the right person.

I'd like to think that looking out for ourselves and hoping to end up with the best possible romantic partner is a good thing to do, but I've only had one dating relationship in my life that seemed like it fit the "keep the bar high" type of personal standard....yet over time, we both chose to end our relationship based on circumstances out of our own control. It was a wonderful relationship, but it didn't last.

Anyway, I hope people might be interested in talking about this type of thing. Some things I often ask myself, concerning setting the bar high is....

1) What purpose is served?

And...

2) Does it guarantee a better chance of an lasting relationship?

I would like to see this subject explored in reasonable ways.
If you've been wondering too, I'm interested in hearing your take on whether "setting the bar high" proved of any usefulness to you, at all.

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: