View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #18
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

I always knew i was different somehow.....just didnt understand until later in life that i was ok and by later i mean 25

I remember speaking with my aunt and her partner in 1979 and i distinctly remember my mother calling my aunts partner a husband talk about a confused little girl as i adamantly distressed that my Aunt had a wife and how dare my mother call my aunts wife a husband ...

When i was in junior high i didn't understand crushes on boys...so i never participated in the "boy" conversations my friends had with each other

In high school and a new city, all my friends were out...(i wasn't yet)

I came out in 1995 after a marriage and 3 kids....blew the doors off as i wasted no time telling anyone who would listen ...when i told my dad he said "about time", when i told my mom she said "it's a phase"

As a femme i have to come out all the time.....

I have recently found about 30 cousins i had no idea existed and they are all on my facebook....I post a lot of things on fb regarding gay rights and such however today just for my cousins in case they didn't know already I came out yet again....

I do not live my life in the closet i haven't since 1995 and i will never again because prior to coming out i was a most unhappy girl...

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post: