View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #47
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Aaaaaack, I didn't see your post! {{{{{{{{{{{{{{Ami}}}}}}}}}}}}

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
Oh how I relate. Walmart is painful.
Yanno something, darlin, I don't think there could be a better way to describe it! By the time I come out of the store, my legs, my back and my head are usually all screaming at me... and my nerves are SO jangled. It's pain on every level for me.

Quote:
I usually need to veg when I get home. I want to focus and not deal with things for a while.
Gryph and I both react this way also. Sometimes it's torture trying to get the groceries or laundry put away before I can sit down.... and when Gryph gets home from work, he sits at the computer. That's his time; it's how he decompresses.

Quote:
And there are the times I reach my breaking point when I don't know it is coming. The tv can do that to me. Almost like a switch.

Oh! I never thought of that!

I find that television hypnotizes me, and I hate that, resist it with all my might--but it happens anyway. So I just simply don't watch tv. Thinking about it, though, yes, I have overloaded from a television on!

The only place I'm forced to endure it now is the laundromat---and I always overload at the laundromat. The lights flicker and whine, the ceiling fans whir and cast flickering shadows, the machines grind and whine and roll and beep, the television blares... ohhhhhhh it is torture just as painful as Walmart is!!

Quote:
Sometimes I feel bad, like I can not handle things, yet I am most excellent at handling things, getting things done, doing the right thing, and being responsible.
I find that feeling goes along with overload and meltdown too, that "I am incompetent, I cannot even handle life" feeling.... not at all pleasant! And also, yanno, not ordinarily true.

Right now I'd better handle those errands. *smiling* Talk to everyone later.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote