Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation

semantics

thank you for writing here good on you for being so involved in making life easier on your 16 year old the part you wrote about 'adjusting your thinking' is a h.u.g.e. dealio

loved 'look me in the eye' and robison [and the work of his brother!].

support groups with parents, gparents, aunts, partners, et c. of people somewhere on the spectrum mixed with aspies can really open the eyes/minds of one another. parents [et c] open to 'adjusting their thinking' really stand a chance of being less fault-finding, having more patience, less pressuring of aspie to 'go outside and play like everyone else' and/or 'be normal'. acceptance of wiring differences really is essential- and i, too, always need to work on having some more patience/understanding for NTs!!

i can pull out the annoying bits and pieces from any source- dog behaviour, guinea pig books, neurological writings, spirituality, on and on- and take away the really stunning parts/words. temple grandin has accomplished so much, that i admire her for all of that passion, education, educating, and honesty.

violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post: