Old 11-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #3
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I don't really know what part of our brain or our chemistry controls our temper. I do believe for the most part how we communicate our anger is a learned behavior. We either continue to do what we have learned gets results or we reevaluate ourselves and teach ourselves a better way to display or communicate anger.

It took me years to learn to control my temper and how to direct my anger when my temper flared up. Which in my younger years was often.

These days when I am angry, which is rarely, I step away for a bit. Go do something else, wash dishes pick up limbs, whatever. I never engage my tongue when I am angry. Two reasons for that, I am a master at comebacks and anything anyone might say to me in an argument I can quickly comeback and cut them to the bone with my tongue and that is not nice, so I be quiet. The other reason is because anything that comes over my lips can NEVER be taken back. It's out there to be thrown back in your face
over and over or for you to ponder over and over why did I say that.

The best thing to do is keep quiet and think until you settle down emotionally and mentally. I'm not listening to a bunch of yelling. I'm not deaf. I also would not allow slamming drawers and doors in my home nor throwing things. These things could possibly cause me to lose my cool and revert back to the old stupid me, which would not make me proud of myself in the days to come. The bottom line is I have to live with my yesterdays decisions, every day I wake up. Everyday I have to wake up and decide if I like the man in the mirror. If any morning that answer is no, then probably I was ugly to someone the day before and need to apologize and try to do better.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post: