Old 07-04-2011, 01:16 PM   #28
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation
Default some random thoughts

If the father was taking the sons feelings and thoughts into consideration,and having an open,honest conversation about it instead of saying"the kid just has to deal with it" then i would be less apt to have the knee jerk reaction that i had. Personally i think it sets a bad example to expose a child to any out of the norm behavior without at least some conversations/explanations concerning it.

To me it reads as the childs feelings,thoughts etc do not count--at the very least that is telling the child he does not count.

As a mother i would want to know what my child is being subjected too...hell my son is 16 and i STILL worry about what he is exposed to,as well as worry about how things affect him--emotionally,personally etc etc

I think communication is key in EVERY relationship...mother or father/child husband/wife, girlfriend/girlfriend etc.

sidenote: when i say "out of the norm behavior" i do not mean it in a derogatory manner,but honestly there are things that are deemed norm/not norm in EVERY group of ppl and society.
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post: