How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

things i have accomplished that i am proud of...
* getting my bachelor's degree
* moving full-time into being self-employed
* moving to where i want to live and building a home for myself here
* becoming a leader in disability & mental health advocacy and doing speaking and consulting
* getting to organize conferences i love
* getting to work with people who i have looked up to for a long time

my goals for the next few years...
* balance paid and unpaid commitments so that i can sustain living and also do things that matter deeply to me...and hopefully have more overlap between the two
* make a certain amount monthly with my current paid gig so that it will be sustainable long term
* stop doing web design altogether!
* do more modeling work, speaking, and workshop engagements
* deepen involvement with local non-profits and with samhsa and add
* only take on consulting and organizing commitments that are in line with my values and principles
* pay off all debt but student loans, and start paying student loans
* save up a 6 month safety net (at least)

things i'm thinking i might want to do, but am not sure about yet...
* get an office job - i miss interacting with people every day and it would be great if i could get a job with benefits. but i struggle with balancing my health and an inflexible or overloaded work schedule, plus it would keep me from traveling for other work that i do.
* maybe go back to school for an msw. this would mean re-taking the gre, possibly taking extra social science courses to prepare, and figuring out a way to pay for it because i don't want to take anymore loans. it's something i would love to do because it would expand professional opportunities in areas i am already working in, but it would also be extremely hard on my body and mind. it would take at least two more years in grad school. and i'm not sure i want to do it while my partner is also thinking of pursuing a nursing degree.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post: