Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendryder View Post
Isn't it great to be an American? You can have your opinion, I can have mine. Unlike Iraq under Sadam where saying what you think got you beaten, shot and tossed into a mass grave. Or just being born Kurdish got you planes flying over dropping mustard gas killing your entire family. My point is, America supports many countries around the world. We have the biggest stick. Good for us. I say if these countries that we are supporting do not like our politics, go to hell. They know what they are getting into. They come to us with their hand out, then want to complain? Pfffff.
Do you know where the "big stick" reference originated? Roosevelt didn't make it up but he made it famous, and the entire phrase is "speak softly and carry a big stick".

Let's not forget the speak softly part because it's just as important.

Let's also not forget that we go to other countries with our hands out. This thread is about Pakistan so I'll use them as an example. We may give them money but we don't give it away for free. We use their airspace. We use their resources. We use their intelligence. We use them, period.

Are they always loyal to us? I doubt it. Did they know Osama bin Laden was there? It appears they probably did.

The question is: so what? I've heard global politics called a giant chessboard and I find that analogy inaccurate. In chess there are two colors, black and white, and the pieces are 100% your friend or 100% your enemy.
Sometimes we have to be satisfied with someone being our ally some of the time because it's better than none of the time.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post: