Old 09-25-2013, 03:59 AM   #452
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,357 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy

I have my first cold of the school year. I should have stayed home on Monday, but I was too tired on Friday to stay late to prepare sub plans. I had to HAD TO go to an optician in another town, and $875 later, I have new regular glasses and new sunglasses.

Anyway, I had to go in early yesterday morning, praying I wouldn't run into too many people, because I was wearing leggings and a sweatshirt, which I do not usually wear to work, and I thought the sub was an old student, so I was counting on her excellent math skills, but the subs got moved around, and well, who the hell knows what went on in tenth grade geometry.

A good friend got her first teaching job at 58. She's in a large city, in a middle school that's really struggling, and she's having a terrible time. Her classes are way too big, and she's not getting much help, and she's so disappointed. I don't know what it's like to teach math to eleven year olds, and certainly not 27 in one class, and she's so flipped out and unhappy.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post: