Old 01-25-2016, 05:37 PM   #33
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
I'm starting therapy so I can get T and I am wondering what kind of questions does a therapist ask. I'm extremely introverted and talking to a stranger about personal things is worrying. Does anyone remember?
Are you going to a self identified gender therapist?

Then they will ask about your gender dysphoria. The specifics of it.
They will ask when it was you first realized you were transgender. Your "journey" so to speak of discovery. One thing to know that you shouldn't feel like you have to have the traditional story of "knowing for as long as I can remember". It is not like in the old days. Gender therapists know that everyone is individual and even if you just figured it out last year, that doesn't mean you are less trans than the guy who knew at age 3.

What goals do you have in transition? It sounds like you already know you want testosterone, so I assume you want to be seen as, and live your life as male.

The person will be interested in what emotional supports you have in place to help you through transition. They will want to know if you have any people in your life that will make it harder, that you care about (like parents, spouse).

How will your job respond?

Another thing they should decipher is if you have any mental health problems that may not have anything to do with gender dysphoria ... Depression? That may just be due to dysphoria, but it could also be a "stand alone" sort of problem. Trans people are just like anyone else (they could have mental health problems). The only difference is that they have gender dysphoria, on top.

You will be fine.

Let us know how it went.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: