Old 04-18-2015, 09:27 PM   #22
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hominid View Post
I SO KNEW that was wrong when I posted it - but rushed right in anyway. Good for a funny, although I don't see why we all shouldn't order both!!

Dapper, I've tried both the metal and plastic. Frankly, I found the plastic ones I bought easier to use and didn't think about them throughout the day. I had two different brands, not knowing which would show up in time for the job interview. Each plastic brand has a little "give", just enough to get around each top button with ease. The metal were of course more stiff, and with no other consideration, nicer. But they're meant to remain unseen behind the tie, so no matter how much I liked the idea of the stainless steel, they just didn't work as well. I gauge this review largely by the degree of homicidal feelings toward the dude in the mirror while struggling with buttons never meant to be wrangled with by grown men. So, the plastic wins for ease of use, staying hidden well, and having several on hand afford-ably for emergency use.
A+ for thoroughness. Everything you said was what I figured, but I still got the metal because I have a thing for stainless steel! I'll see how it goes. If I have problems with them I will order the plastic. Thanks.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: