View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 12:24 PM   #24
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufusboi View Post
I live in Corpus Christi Texas and my local Doctor passed away. No other endocrinologist in the area will prescribe testosterone. So I am looking for a Doctor in the Austin or San Antonio Area or any other Texas city who treats FTM's. Does anyone have a doctor they would recommend. Your help would be most appreciated.

Rufus
I found my Dr in a kind of bassackward way but it worked and I have a fantastic one. I don't know if you are aware but some of the Planned Parenthood offices now treat trans w/hormones (so maybe that would help). Now, the one in my area does not BUT they gave me two Dr references and when I looked them up individually on the interwebz they both listed trans services as a specialty. It would have been a needle in a haystack to find them any other way. I got in with the first one and couldn't be happier. To clarify, I'm not on T at this time but she has said that the endo's in my area are jerks so she would just take care of me herself if that time comes. She is a great overall GP and knows where all the insurance lines are and is careful not to cross them.

ETA: Here is a sample link to Colorado (too bad I don't live there...) You can plug in your zip code to see if there are any near you, if not, ask anyway.

Last edited by Kelt; 04-25-2015 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Add link
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: