LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,686 Times in 1,608 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

When my sister and I were young, we went to a huge wedding with my mom. But, to be honest, we should not have been there.

Our family member was marrying into a different culture than we were raised in. The culture she married into celebrated weddings in a big way. There was lot and lots of food and alcohol and the party went well into the night. If I had attended the same wedding when I was in my 20's I probably would have had a blast

Since the culture was different to us, the food was as well and it was too spicy for our undeveloped palates. We tasted what we had to but did not eat anything except the fruit that we recognized-watermelon. However it had been soaked in rum and we did not know that-at our age we would not have known what rum was anyway.

Because the wedding lasted so long and we did not like most of the food, we ate lots of watermelon because we were hungry. Finally someone had to tell my mom about the alcohol and she naturally took it away. The rum watermelon is one of two things that I really remember about the night. The other is being so tired that my sister and I fell asleep in a corner of the reception hall. I just wanted to go home. But, neither of us would have acted up in anyway. We were little china dolls in appearance and we were expected to act the same way. Seen, not heard. Speaking only when spoken to. Trust me, a formal wedding was not a stretch for us, behavior wise.

The rum watermelon story is a funny one now but in my eyes, the simple fact is that there are a lot of weddings that children should simply not attend and the wedding party should feel comfy in stating "adults only please."