ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Well we (wife and I) finally started the Whole30-- we're on day 2. Actually we started Sunday, but didn't officially start recording our progress till Monday. I haven't noticed much of change from things except of how many cups of vegetables I'm eating and what I haven't been eating in the past. It's really insane.

Of what I've read about the whole30, I'm hoping it will help with a few issues I've been dealing with as of lately with my health. I don't share much but I've been out of work since November 2014 due to lung issues and have been on oxygen since. I'm hoping that by cutting out the inflammatory foods such as dairy (butter, cheese, cream), sugars (cane sugar, maple, honey) that I'll see or feel a difference within myself. I have also had issues in the past with elevated blood sugars. When I first started my paleo way of eating, I did notice that my levels started to decrease. But I hit a plateau and haven't moved much since then. My goal is to drop to normal ranges-not high normal but in middle of NR. I also would love to lose more weight-- but I'm not putting that as an high goal because I don't want to be let down if I don't lose the ideal weight I have in my mind. I think because it's a number and the larger the number the more one would freak- but I think how we feel and how our body image is a whole should matter. Before starting- I didn't step on scale or measure myself, but I did take a picture of what I look like in a mirror.

So-- I've been blogging everything down in my whole30 experience via fb and sharing pictures of what I've been eating and writing down how I'm feeling. It's only day 2-- nothing really to report as of yet. Only that I feel more full when I eat more veggies, and I am craving less 'snacks' during the day. It's especially hard because I'm home and I get bored so of course I just want to eat-- but nope, haven't felt that way yet.

Some meals we've been enjoying-- pork carnitas (crockpot) served over lime, cilantro cauliflower rice with green chile and topped with spinach/baby kale mixture. Rainbow chard w/ apples, sweet potato/zucchini hash, and chicken chunks. Spaghetti sauce w/ mushrooms, basil, beef, onion, garlic served over zucchini noodles. Tonight- I'm making a frittata or quiche w/ sweet potato crust, eggs, broccoli, garlic, green chile sausage served with either a salad or cucumbers.

Do you have any suggestions of recipes that are whole30 compliant? Don't know what the heck I'm talking about-- and want to know more, read here ---> whole30.

I'll try to report back more often--

Oh and Jesse, those crackers are good. Have you made them yet? They are super good with bacon & onion jam!
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post: