Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I agree with you, maybe I am just a bit "jaded" now by all this damn bickering, hypocritical, misogynistic, crap.

I am reconsidering my "take" on Pence....I know very little about him, just bits & pieces. You have challenged my mind to reconsider (heavily) his ability/capability. I have always valued your opinions, esp in this forum. Thanks for making me think harder than just superficially, Orema!!!

I LOVE Kamala & would wildly welcome her in the 2024 races, and we surely have been "surprised" before....several times, (sadly)!!!! I have faith in an ALL women race (Dems) with a couple, few Repubs. Gabby Giffords is amazing. She would be an incredible candidate, and could surprise us. Time to remove those antiquated dinosaurs!! .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I don’t think AOC has a chance running on anyone’s ticket as VP. She scares too many moderate Democrats. LOL. I like her too, but most moderate Democrats don’t, I think.

I was with you till you got to that wet towel-of strength Pence (though I think VP Harris is ready now—she just doesn’t have a chance). I find Pence a total putz. It was people like him who legitimized Trump. I don’t think he stood by Trump as much as standing with the Evangelicals who needed someone like Pence who could get Trump in the White House to appoint conservative judges.

I think Nikki Haley is going to be the first female/BIPOC POTUS if she runs on DeSantis’s ticket as VP. A DeSantis/Haley ticket would be hard for the Dems to beat. I think Haley will run for the Republican nomination, but I think DeSantis will get the nomination and she’ll join his ticket. And if that happens she’ll be a strong candidate for POTUS in 2028 or 2032.

And the only way the Dems can win is if we commit to voting for the nominee. I think that is a message we need to push when we get into the rumble-tumble 2024 primaries. We can fight all we want in the primaries but we need to stand as one once we have a nominee.