View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #6
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

There was an awesome Title IX documentary broadcast earlier today on ESPN2 called Sporting Chance...watch it if you are able...

It's hard to believe that Title IX was only 5 years old when i was in my college's athletic program...programs for women were limited...just basketball, tennis, softball, track & swimming...In my program (swimming) there was no difference in the quality of our equipment and that of the guys...

Where i really noticed the difference was in the PE Department...women were automatically issued these horrid PE uniforms made from that indestructible 70s heavy double knit polyester and consisted of knee lenglth shorts and a v-neck sleeveless top...ugly, hot & uncomfortable...ugh! Thanks to one of the ladies in my dorm i learned we could turn it in and ask for the same cotton shorts and t-shirt issued to the guys.

Does anyone remember the old girls basketball where until 1971 we played 6 to a side?
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post: