How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Jaws wasn't my first scary movie but it was the one that had the most effect on me. I never looked at the water in the same way again. But thankfully in a couple of years the fear part died down and my curiosity and interest was peaked and that eventually evolved into a deep love and respect for the ocean and everything in it.

I have no segue that works so I'll just say speaking of scary movies, my son (my ex gave birth to him but were together when she did so he is mine to me) who was about 2 ˝ at the time, was sleeping and we were watching one of the many Friday the 13th movies, I don’t remember which one but it was during a particularly bloody part when I heard this little voice say “Ooo, mess”. I turned and there he was staring at the screen, absolutely mesmerized. He had gotten up and neither of us heard him. I scooped him up and carried him back to bed agreeing with him all the while. Yes, sweetie such a mess. They’ll clean it up I’m sure. He seemed comforted to hear that. He was always a very neat kid.

A couple of years later when he was about 4 I rented the movie Labyrinth (not a horror movie) to watch with him. He loved it. We had a great time watching it together. The next day when I went to pick him up after work at his daycare, the administrator called me in to tell me he had been acting very aggressively all day. I asked what he was doing and she told me he kept trying to pull the heads off of the other kids.

Never saw that coming.

If you ever saw Labyrinth you know there are characters in the story, Fireys, with detachable body parts who try to pull the head off the main character. Who would’ve figured he’d focus on that?
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: