Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

I love the holidays.. all of them.. all year around..
This one particularly, we have standard plans... decorating, the house, and or yard, paint a few new ornaments, every year.. a must. Baking with my kids, sometimes together, sometimes individually. Handing out cards to friends and family with a baking treat, usually cookies or a loaf (banana, zucchini or pumpkin) Christmas Eve and morning have always been mine with my children and their friends. Everyone is always welcome. Now that they are adults, it is just that much more important to hold on to those days, at least in my opinion. Usually.. after everyone is done work for the day, they meet back at my place for drinks& eats& games. I usually prep the night before, wings, ribs, crab dip, cheese and crackers, homemade veggies and homemade dip.. my kids favourite hashbown casserole, and a couple new recipes I try each year. Egg nog of course and various other treats. We finish last minute Christmas things together, from wrapping gifts for other family members, and break out the wii for some competition.. Christmas morning with fruit platters, and chocolate fondue, and gift opening. Then they are off to see the rest of the family, and i don't usually see them again till around the 29th or so, sometimes not till the first week of the new year. Both my children are grown, or almost (soon to be 18 and 21) so i am ever grateful for the moments that i still get with them. Right now it is hard to get their time, with their own g/f and b/f, in laws and extended family. Soon they are going to have families of their own, and babies too..
So after 10 am, I'm on my own, this year I'm thinking I'll either work it or go to the movies or both
I agree with most, that the holidays are very commercial, but I also believe that we have to own that as our own doing. Hold on to, and make our own traditions that make it and keep it about what it should always be about. Spending time with loved ones and giving! Our time, and compassion are always the best gifts and the most priceless.