View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 01:01 PM   #557
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I’m definitely not yours.

Thanked 32,077 Times in 9,979 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
The difference in behaviors is because there are 3 kinds of people out there.

1. The believers who abide by the guidelines and do everything they can to keep themselves, their families and their communities safe.
2. The non-believers who think it's a hoax or just don't care about it who crow about their American rights being more important than them getting sick or passing it on to others.
3. Those who may or may believe but are doing everything in their power to profit off of the virus and the backs of those who are trying to work and be safe.

Until there is one single goal, there will not be 100% compliance with safety and wellness guidelines. Which basically means there will never be 100% compliance across the board.
I happen to agree with you wholeheartedly, Gemme.

Just yesterday, while driving to a spot on the river to watch boats go by and jet-skiers alike, there were waves and waves of people, standing on the side of both sides of the road, some by themselves, some with their entire members of family. No one was wearing masks. No one was standing six feet apart. All of them were waving GOP-type flags and under the premise that Blue Lives Matter (referencing Police). I hate that people will not abide by life saving mandates (wearing a mask, standing six feet apart, etc).

Most likely, COVID-19 will escalate by numbers due to people who just think it's a hoax and that this virus is not killing anybody.

My sister-in-law and a close friend just got back from Idaho. What did they see? No body wearing a mask, except at major retail chain stores (Freddy's, Target, Wal-Mart). They never saw anybody standing six feet apart. In fact, public swimming pools were open, and it would seem that certain small business owners have adopted the idea that COVID-19 is a hoax because people can shop in their stores without wearing a mask and the store owners do not limit the amount of people who can visit their business.

Meanwhile, my s-i-l wore her mask. She's very ill and if she were exposed to an active case, she'd be 6-feet *UNDER* in a matter of days.

Toxic White Privilege and the tenets of The Toxic political party (The GOP) seem to reside in sinister ways across the country. Especially in my home state of Idaho. And it's creeping into the fabric of the inner-metro area where I live, which has been thought of as The Pale Blue Dot (referencing Carl Sagan), the stronghold of Democratic Politics.

It's the number one reason, second only to my toxic family, of why I left years ago.

Here in the metro area, we have digital bill-boards which gives drivers specific directions on how to conduct themselves in traffic and in other social settings. Big warning statements about COVID still on the rise and that people need to give space in traffic, and in other social settings, and to wear masks.

What do people do though? They tail gate, break the speed limit, they don't wear their masks while driving, etc.

I feel that Covid-19 has not only exposed how fragile our medical system is, but it also exposes toxic levels of deep seated entitlement and gross levels of perceived privilege by people who don't care for others by trying to force their own magical thinking at the expense of not only their own lives, but at the expense of the lives of others.

It's is super concerning and deeply worrying, what I see here at home (in everyday life).

______ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: