The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
<snip>

This was just because I was gay—can you imagine the response to reassignment?

<snip>

I still want to leave the question open here on the thread as well as, does your work know?
I've heard from some transguys who said that their parents were against them being gay but when they started transitioning it was ok since now they would "appear" normal (hetreonormative relationship appearance concept I think). Hopefully they will be supportive or, at the least, respectful.

My work knows and has been extremely supportive. In fact, I was surprised that even the most ardent born-again Christian was. He was very respectful (I suspect he may not fully understand the whys) and we, when meeting up, still have our discussions about the Bible and such. I know I'm extremely lucky to be in a work environment that is so supportive. Even some of my clients know and are very supportive. Their support comes from me doing an excellent job, regardless of my personal life. (which is how it's supposed to be, no?)
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post: