Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default *** B u m p ***

I thought I would bump Dixie's Domestic Violence/Partner Abuse thread tonight, due to a breakthrough session I had with my trauma therapist earlier today. And also because I read a news article tonight, which spoke about how abusers/stalkers use technology to stalk and abuse their victims.

Super scary stuff, how stalkers/abusers use technology to accomplish their reign of terror.

Here is an excerpt from the article:
More than 50 percent of victim service providers reported that offenders use cell phone apps to track or stalk their victims, according to a survey from the National Network To End Domestic Violence. Forty-one percent of providers reported that abusers use GPS tracking.

"Digital abuse is both more mundane and more complicated than we might think," said Cornell sociology professor Karen Levy (writing in Slate last year.

"Many forms of digital abuse require little to no sophistication and are carried out using everyday devices and services," Levy wrote.
The article highlights other ways abusers try to control and continue abusing the victim, which I think is super important to read. Protecting your privacy and making sure your safety comes first, is not easily done. Especially if you are being victimized by an abuser who once had any access to your life (your phone number, email address or physical location address or … see article below, for more details).

A woman's stalker used an APP that allowed them to start, stop and track her car (The Washington Post. November 6th, 2019).

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: