View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #819
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,309 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I went for a bike rode the last three nights after work. Tonight I'm just hanging out at home.

I was going around the 3-mile loop at Prospect Park, and noticed a guy ahead of me with a prosthetic leg and long dreds. His T-shirt said, "Work less."

I saw three people (yes, three!), riding with no hands, so they could text.

That last quarter mile or so of the loop is a slow incline that will really kick your ass, but it's gotten so much easier now that I realize, I've been waiting for the hard part to hit, and then suddenly I'm at the end of the loop.

I also like that straight path that goes about 20 blocks down the west side of the park. Coming back, I got off and started going up and down the side streets. I would coast down one block, then stand on the pedals and use what feels like my whole body, up the next street.

It's light enough to ride till about 7:20. Today I ordered a $7 reflecting vest on Amazon. I should also get lights. I'm thinking, if I get the right gloves and jacket and so on, I can ride till there's ice on the ground.