View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 11:01 PM   #27
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderD_503 View Post
Cool, cool. Where abouts in Germany did you live. I used to live in Bavaria. I'd kill to move back I also speak German, as well as French and Greek (Greek is pretty rusty/basic conversation at this point lol) and tiny amount of Dutch (even worse)...but not Italian or any Slavic languages.

Of course, living in a more accepting/queer-friendly environment can be pretty key to feeling at home in a city. I can understand wanting to move because of it, but it sucks the city makes you feel that way. Out of curiosity, how was Italy as far queer-friendliness? I always assumed things weren't great in Italy in general for the lgbtq community, but then I was speaking with an acquaintance from Bologna who spoke really positively about it.

I lived in Kaiserslautern a small city. I was send there by my parents to learn German with a big suitcase and dictionary I went to school there and I was living with an older woman with a big stick and bad cooking. I like German food, but the things she cooked I was having a hard time to eat. Not even going there. She was not friendly at all. My parents started me in language school at 3 grade. At that time we didn't have luxury to learn English in school. I graduated from college in two languages Czech and Russian. Now days a second language in Czech schools is English. Not when we were under communist regime.

Greek is a hard language to learn, good for you. I born to which was considered an older parents. They both were in they 40’s. My mother was thinking she was in menopause. Whoop here I come.

My childhood was demanding, because my parents tried to live they dreams through me. Starting with ballet, ballroom dancing, theater, opera and I could go on. It was good in the way I didn't have a time to get in any trouble. However, all my life I felt responsibility to do things/ work hard and never relax.

As for Italy it was good, no gay issues whatsoever. It's normal if you walk with other woman holding hands, kissing and back then we went to clubs very gay friendly. My girlfriend in Italy was also Czech she decided we are going to America. She found for each of us husband. I was follower back then, she was a leader. However, I married American that he needed wife for the reason he was in military. There was never any romance in that. Many people thinking I am bisexual due to my marriage, but we have been best friends for many years. However, her marriage went not so good and I ended up here and she is still in Europe. It was heartbreaking, but there was no way going back. Our relationship ended. She recently tried to contact me, but I don't see any sense to be dwelling on it. I went to see her in Italy in 90’s, but things were very much different
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote