Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,635 Times in 3,981 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I figured out a long while ago that whatever I did in life for a career had to have meaning, to make a difference. I went into mental health and social services. I ran domestic violence shelters,rape crisis units, drug rehabs, etc. I burnt out on them after a couple decades. I moved into becoming a child and family therapist. Loved it. Found my calling. Then had my accident which ended that professional road.

I tried to work, but couldnt keep up. The strain was too hard on my unhealed back. Other issues crept up and made me more frail. I relapsed from my own long term alcohol recovery, and a relationship ended in a bad way.

For a few years I had to lay on my couch to take the slow turtle crawl of true healing. That and several surgeries, therapy, AA, and a departure from romance, allowed me to resurface whole. I am not fixed. I am disabled. But I am functional. And needed a new purpose. I chose not to go back into mental health and social service. I knew I was always going to need to keep that part of my skill level for myself. While healed, I was always going to need help, so I was going to be my own client, forever. I basically hired myself as my own case manager. Ha!

So I turned to something I love..being a femme. And a plus sized femme at that. I am starting a store, a consignment store, for plus size clothing. And I call it Pretty & Plus. Its SO much more than a clothing store. Its a social network, an event, a support base, a kinship, a sacred space, for all us plus size Positive Gals. (the plus sign in math means positive, doesnt it?)

But I also do alot of work with animals too. I am helping animal rescue non profits raise monies to care for the needy animals in their care. From dogs to cats to horses. I can not handle the physical care of these animals so I support those who can.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post: