View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 01:43 AM   #85
agape

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
don't care

agape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputationagape Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
Words of wisdom from the above two posters. I wholeheartedly agree. There is nothing more attractive than someone who's happy with their lives. When you're happy with your life, then, only then are you ready to share it I believe.

Being a couple doesn't solve anything.

Learn to love your life and yourself. I am fully aware of how easy it is to say and how hard it can be in practice.
Hmm... I both agree and disagree... I personally find overly happy and satisfied ppl not so attractive. I prefer realists, who often are read as pessimists in today's world... Nowdays everyone seems to be expected to be 99% happy and successfull (whatever that means)... At least that is my experience.

Being a couple maybe doesn't solve anything, just like food doesn't solve anything, but we do need food to survive. We also need love and human contact. I think it's perfectly normal to painfully miss love and human contact and express that pain. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Of course one should love one self but it's really hard to keep that going if the world "slapps" you too much for a too long time -if you know what I mean. Sometimes it just gets too much... And some things you just can't give yourself on your own. It's just not the same hugging yourself and having another person hugging you...

But I do agree that a positive attitude can help bring good things into your life. I just find it unnecessary telling someone suffering that since I'm pretty sure almost everyone is already painfully aware of that fact... (I could be wrong though...)

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Last edited by agape; 07-17-2013 at 01:54 AM. Reason: grammar...
agape is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to agape For This Useful Post: