Old 12-18-2009, 10:33 AM   #73
hottprof

How Do You Identify?:
female
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss to you... for hym...
Relationship Status:
Crashes One Femme

hottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputationhottprof Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
hottprof,I envy u being able to run at all,with my back injury I cant run.fast walk yes..run no.Its something with the coordanating reflexes to do it.If I could still run I shure could drop more weight faster.My doc near has fits about me doing any work outs cause he is weorried about blowing the whole thing..I tell him im better of now than I was doing things his way cause I would be in a wheel chair if I had done what he wanted.He isnt my doc anymore cause all he did was reel in the inshrance money while I didnt get any better.
Rockin
well I am teaching myself to run since I never did much running growing up... not to say I was not active, I played hockey and field hockey and danced but running was not my thing. I needed new motivation to lose weight and get active... I woke up one morning after a dream I had abotu running and said I am doing a marathon by the time I am 30... well crap now I need to make it happen.. one small step at a time... right now I am working on a mile and a half and dropping time on that next will be a 5K after the first 8 week training is over...

I am not going to lie.. it hurts like a beeotch, my legs, back, chest everything.. but knowing that I am doing this for a goal of the 5k is hopefully going to keep me motivated since I am dropping the goal of losing weight (it just gets depressing).

I wish you luck with your workouts.. take it easy but work out hard... be be safe with it, back issues are nothing to take lightly as you seem to know... just be safe and stay out of the wheel chair you can do it... someone once told me to promise myself 10 minutes a day or like everyother... and once you get started you rarely stop after 10 (infact yesterday I ran okay jogged right through the ten min. mark)... so worth it

Smiles
hottprof is offline   Reply With Quote