Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
I hear where you are at.
So I have a question.
Would you ever get married?

I am asking because I had a lot of the same thoughts you do, and then the past five years (which went by in a blink but in retrospect can seem like a forever) have led me down a path with somebody that I felt like *forever* was a possibility.

No worries, I am still a cynic because with a terminal illness forever for me means something a lot different than it does to most people.

Mind you, if a miracle comes and I live another thirty years? I think I'd still find myself married to Cal.

Have I confused you yet? Because I confused me.
I don't know if I would ever get married. I haven't really thought that much about it, to be honest. Hell, the concept of living with someone still is "iffy" for me Well, I should say....for may years was "iffy" and now I can think about it without sweating and feeling nauseous.

So, I guess I am softening in my age

Not confused...I think I get it. And I think having a terminal illness puts a way different perspective on things
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post: