Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > MEMBER NEWS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, EVENTS > Newbie Central

Newbie Central Newbies start here! A place to ask questions, get answers, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with other folks from ButchFemmePlanet.com

Old 07-03-2011, 06:57 AM   #1
Star Anise

How Do You Identify?:
Femme in boots.
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Free range femme.

Star Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST Reputation
Question The chat room?

Hiya, just curious about the chat room. Since I have been here, I have not seen a single person in the chat room...I thought at first it was perhaps a time zone issue, but I have checked at all sorts of hours.

Is it a feature that is used much here? Is it just me?
Old 07-03-2011, 07:05 AM   #2
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,424 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

I rarely see people in there. For a little while, it was kinda sorta hopping, but not so much anymore.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:19 AM   #3
Daktari

I love to chat but am beaten by the time zone thang. When many of you lot are settling down to internet time I'm getting in bed ready for zzzzzzzzzzeds.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 07:29 AM   #4
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,911 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Anise View Post
Hiya, just curious about the chat room. Since I have been here, I have not seen a single person in the chat room...I thought at first it was perhaps a time zone issue, but I have checked at all sorts of hours.

Is it a feature that is used much here? Is it just me?
It isn't consistent, Star Anise, and in the Summer on the northern side of the equator, it seems like particpation drops. If you want to chat, your best bet is hang out in the chat room, that always seems to encourage a few folks to drop by.
The Following User Says Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 07:33 AM   #5
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Even though we span the time zones there's quite a pool of members here at any given time, so that a few would pop into the chat room if it were active. You might start a thread that sets a chat time, maybe a one-time chat to start but later it could be regular, at the best time people seem able to make it.

If I were on, and knew there was an active chat, I'd check it out. I might even come here at a specific time to chat.

Thanks for bringing it up, and welcome!

tap
Old 07-03-2011, 08:44 AM   #6
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,138 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

What's the gap in time from New Zealand to the US?

Perhaps we could figure out a time when some of us could be in chat with you.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2011, 09:01 AM   #7
Jar

How Do You Identify?:
TG Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him, da bomb...
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,342 Times in 534 Posts
Jar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST ReputationJar Has the BEST Reputation

I've never been in the chat room either. I also wonder why people don't have pictures up?

No matter what life brings you, always learn a lesson from your dog ... kick some grass over that shit and move on
Jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:04 PM   #8
Star Anise

How Do You Identify?:
Femme in boots.
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Free range femme.

Star Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar View Post
I've never been in the chat room either. I also wonder why people don't have pictures up?
What do you mean by "pictures up" ?

As far as the avatars are concerned you can only have a custom avatar if you have a paid account.

There are the gallery pictures, but that has a similar deal, with members on basic accounts given only 1-2 pictures for the gallery?

Which is fair enough, I would love to have a paid account, I simply can't afford it right now.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #9
Star Anise

How Do You Identify?:
Femme in boots.
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Free range femme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
What's the gap in time from New Zealand to the US?

Perhaps we could figure out a time when some of us could be in chat with you.
Well...Depending on where in the US you are, you will be approximately 24 hours behind + US time zones.

I hope that made sense!
Old 07-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #10
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

I lived in NZ for a year and before that chatted with NZ folks all the time................you'd think I could remember the time difference.....

something in my brain says it's tomorrow in NZ with 8 hours difference for the west coast or something like that............laughin...
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #11
swan

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
single

swan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputation

Bookmark the World Clock website? Then we can see what time it is in NZ.., I linky you.... http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
swan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 02:17 PM   #12
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,138 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

See SA we're accommodating people here as you can see
Perhaps we can set a time one of these days that will work for you
Let us know and some of us will try and get to chat

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 05:49 PM   #13
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan View Post
Bookmark the World Clock website? Then we can see what time it is in NZ.., I linky you.... http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

tanx for da linky, swan-o >:-)
Old 07-04-2011, 10:36 PM   #14
swan

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
single

swan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputation

Most welcome, Tapu! *runs nekkid through the chat room* Whhheeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:51 AM   #15
Star Anise

How Do You Identify?:
Femme in boots.
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Free range femme.

Talking

Yay!

Pleased with the replies, and feeling most welcome to the site!

I have tried lurking in the chat room, to see if anyone else would join, but have found that after a certain amount of time (without activity I am guessing) you get booted out.

If anyone is keen to chat, and sees that I am online, feel free to flick me a message and I shall meet you in the chat room!

Old 07-06-2011, 08:02 AM   #16
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,911 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Yay!

Pleased with the replies, and feeling most welcome to the site!

I have tried lurking in the chat room, to see if anyone else would join, but have found that after a certain amount of time (without activity I am guessing) you get booted out.

If anyone is keen to chat, and sees that I am online, feel free to flick me a message and I shall meet you in the chat room!

I have lurked for hours in the chat room without getting booted, by double clicking on my name in the list, and having a private conversation with myself. One word sent to myself every 15-20 minutes saves my seat in chat, and allows me to multi-task in other windows. I think the longest I ever lurked was three hours and there were many, many, many times when no one ever showed up, try not to take it personal Star Anise. ;-)
The Following User Says Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 08:07 AM   #17
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you for this thread, I was wondering why nobody used the room either! I'll always drop by if there's someone in there, provided I"m not at work or something.

I was looking around for an introductions thread where we could post photos or a "my day in pics" or something. It seems like it's difficult to put a face with a name on here sometimes. Maybe that's what Jar was talking about?

Quote:
What do you mean by "pictures up" ?

As far as the avatars are concerned you can only have a custom avatar if you have a paid account.

There are the gallery pictures, but that has a similar deal, with members on basic accounts given only 1-2 pictures for the gallery?

Which is fair enough, I would love to have a paid account, I simply can't afford it right now.