Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 11-13-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
SelfMadeMan

How Do You Identify?:
Transsexual Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married to The Woman of My Dreams <3

Thanked 2,669 Times in 527 Posts
SelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST Reputation
Default High School Coach/Guidance Counselor Hands Out Petition Caling Kids "Pussies" "Queers" and "Little Bitches"

Buffalo High School (Wyoming) coach Pat Lynch resigned earlier this week after circulating an inappropriate, hateful survey to members of the football team. The title of the survey was ‘The Hurt Feelings Report’ and asked students their reasons for filing the report. Responses included ‘I am a queer’, ‘I am a pussy’, and ‘I am a little bitch’. Way to set a great example for high school aged boys Coach Lynch!

The school board accepted Lynch’s resignation from coaching football as well as other physical education responsibilities. However, and most disturbing, Lynch was not removed from his responsibilities as a guidance counselor.

Everyone who is outraged by the survey that this guidance counselor handed out to students needs to email the school. Maybe if they are flooded with emails & letters from enough people they will do the right thing and fire Pat Lynch. He needs to not be working with children, and definitely needs to not be counseling anyone. The link to the school's guidance page is:

http://www.jcsd1.k12.wy.us/webpages/bhs_guidance/

I encourage you to email the school! You'll find Pat Lynch's personal email address on the page, as well as an email for the district. Let them know that the world is watching!

The face of hate:

SelfMadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SelfMadeMan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
SelfMadeMan

How Do You Identify?:
Transsexual Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married to The Woman of My Dreams <3

Thanked 2,669 Times in 527 Posts
SelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST Reputation

FYI: The school made the decision to retain him as their guidance counselor (under administrative supervision) and issued the following statement:

“We’re going to work with Pat and have him continue doing the good things he was doing prior to this mistake,” Kessler said. “Our hope is that we can mend things we need to mend and gain back the trust and get the reputation that he needs to gain back as a professional.”

They need to be told loud and clear, that this is more than a mistake - MUCH more - this is an attitude and such a deeply rooted bias, that he can NEVER be trusted with the youth under his guidance!
SelfMadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SelfMadeMan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

And this is a good thing for kids to be exposed to? Whoa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfMadeMan View Post
Buffalo High School (Wyoming) coach Pat Lynch resigned earlier this week after circulating an inappropriate, hateful survey to members of the football team. The title of the survey was ‘The Hurt Feelings Report’ and asked students their reasons for filing the report. Responses included ‘I am a queer’, ‘I am a pussy’, and ‘I am a little bitch’. Way to set a great example for high school aged boys Coach Lynch!

The school board accepted Lynch’s resignation from coaching football as well as other physical education responsibilities. However, and most disturbing, Lynch was not removed from his responsibilities as a guidance counselor.

Everyone who is outraged by the survey that this guidance counselor handed out to students needs to email the school. Maybe if they are flooded with emails & letters from enough people they will do the right thing and fire Pat Lynch. He needs to not be working with children, and definitely needs to not be counseling anyone. The link to the school's guidance page is:

http://www.jcsd1.k12.wy.us/webpages/bhs_guidance/

I encourage you to email the school! You'll find Pat Lynch's personal email address on the page, as well as an email for the district. Let them know that the world is watching!

The face of hate:

SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2011, 10:29 AM   #4
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Oh Dear.

This is the area I grew up in and unfortunately, it is extremely EXTREMELY closed minded and racist. As sad as it makes me, it doesn't surprise me a bit. I will follow the link and support the absolute need for more disciplinary action to be taken.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2011, 10:40 AM   #5
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,118 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs down Another POS

That disgusting vile sexist pos needs to not be around young man cubs spreading his ugly rhetoric and enforcing bully like behaviors he needs to be O U T!!!

WTF was the school thinking letting him guide or council children especially our young women considering the questionaire was full of woman hate.

I am so sick of these men who are systematically abusing our children be it physically, emotionally, and mentally they need to go and they need to apologize to the student body and the parents.
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2011, 10:56 AM   #6
dykeumentary

How Do You Identify?:
butch dyke

Thanked 1,547 Times in 359 Posts
dykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputation

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

I have a feeling that there's something more we'd find out about this football coach, if anyone cared to look.
Did he make that "survey" this week? Is there such a thing as "sympathy hate"? That is, was he trying to show 'support' for Penn State's criminal coaches? Curious, indeed.
dykeumentary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dykeumentary For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Men like that are a disgrace to coaching and to other men.

The reality is if this school fired him, he would just go to another school and get hired. It happens with teacher pedophiles all the time, so it certainly can happen with an ignorant ass bully like this guy.

IF only the school system would take this opportunity to do some real work with the coach and all the kids around why this kind of bullying should not be tolerated.
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2011, 02:09 PM   #8
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

oh crap,why do people like this endup being able to infuince kids by being arroud them at all.Looking at his face is pure meaness and all that goes with it.Im glad my son is long out of school and didnt get anyone like this in his life as a student.Maybe there is some other reason for this but I doubt there is.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #9
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,368 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

i imagine they'd fire him if they could and they are probably working toward it now. i am sure he has tenure. It takes a while to fire someone with tenure even with good cause.

i think that teachers or anyone in contact with kids should be able to be fired at will for this kind of thing, but i also think that tenure is good.

Most teachers work very hard to get it, and if they did not have it, teachers would get fired for political reasons all the time. Worse, they would be bullied by administrators who could say whether they kept their jobs or not. Admins bully us now. School districts are political nightmares. Most public service related institutions are. Think of police departments. District Administrations are havens for nepotism, corruption, incompetence and abuse of employees. It still goes on even in districts with strong unions.

Teachers have historically been treated like children by administrators. It's a culture that is not employee friendly. Not at all. Think of the post office. There are work cultures that are traditionally hard on their employees. We all know schools -- quite a few -- that are exceptions, but the rule is that administration will jerk teachers around, overburden, blame and scapegoat them in an instant if it serves their very political purposes.

Tenure can be misused by teachers and unions to allow bad or useless teachers to remain. But the upside is that it allows dedicated teachers to stay in place. Think the educational system couldn't get worse? Get rid of tenure and allow administrators to be able to bully and intimidate teachers at will. No one will do the job. It's a recession and still teachers are resigning and leaving the profession in droves.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #10
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

The original survey and the following article are available through this link:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/b...hschool-wp8498

Wyoming coach resigns after forcing offensive survey on players

By Cameron Smith

A high school football coach in Wyoming has resigned after orchestrating what may be the single-least appropriate motivational tactic in recent years, handing his players a "Hurt Feelings Report" in which students were asked to select from various offensive options to describe why they were upset.

As first reported by the Buffalo Bulletin, Casper Star-Tribune and The Advocate before being circulated throughout the Internet, Buffalo (Wyo.) High football coach Pat Lynch offered up a questionnaire to his players that offered the following possible reasons for their disappointment, as reported by The Advocate (Warning: Some of the choices are pretty abhorrent):

The survey, under a list of reasons for hurt feelings, includes such choices as "I am a queer," "I am a little bitch," and "I have woman like hormones." It asks for the name of the "little sissy filing report" and his "girly-man signature," plus the "real-man signature" of the person accused of causing hurt feelings.

After an investigation into the survey, Lynch tendered his resignation on Wednesday, with the Buffalo school board accepting it days later. Still, the now-former coach will be allowed to continue as a guidance counselor at the school.

Lynch offered the following statement, which was read at the school board meeting which officially ended his 13-year tenure as the school's head football coach.

"I would like to apologize for my lack of judgment and the poor choice that I made from my position as head football coach for Buffalo High School. I know that this situation has caused you pain and discomfort, and for that I am truly sorry. As a person and a professional, I believe I will learn and grow from this experience and use it to help others.

"I appreciate having had the opportunity to coach in this community for the past 22 years. It has been a rewarding experience. I am eager to earn back your trust as I continue to serve in a profession that I truly love."

Lynch has been on administrative leave for more than two weeks and was not allowed to coach his team's two playoff games, culminating in a 21-14 state semifinal loss to Douglas (Wyo.) High.

Meanwhile, the school district's superintendent, Dr. Rod Kessler, said that Lynch will be given the chance to regain the community's trust as a school counselor, even if the school board is less than pleased with how the incident has scarred a wildly successful prep football program; Buffalo has reached the state playoffs for 12 consecutive seasons and won two state titles under Lynch's watch.

"[Lynch] screwed up, he screwed up big time," Kessler told the Star-Tribune. "The coaching, we didn't want that to be the issue anymore. We wanted him to have his priority back where it was as a counselor. None of us are happy that it happened. It's a black eye to the district. And it's a black eye to Pat.

"We're going to work with Pat and have him continue doing the good things he was doing prior to this mistake. Our hope is that we can mend things we need to mend and gain back the trust and get the reputation that he needs to gain back as a professional."
SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote