Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #1
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Lets talk about exes.......

A 2 hour drive, even with a cat meowing at the top of her lungs, gives me time to think.

Today I was thinking about exes. Specifically, what role, if any, do exes play in peoples lives?

For me, I went thru the "I want to stay friends" phase. It was easy for me, seeing I usually initiated the break up and was emotionally disengaged. It wasnt as easy for the other person.

I found we remained in contact for a while, then gradually less and less, until now when I find myself wondering what ever happened to....

A couple a years ago, I met a woman with an interesting approach to the matter. Her feeling was "exes are exes for a reason". I can now appreciate the profoundness is such a simple statement.

Anyone else have thoughts on the subject?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 02:39 PM   #2
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,382 Times in 2,839 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I am friends with most of my exes, they are like family.

Just because we did not work out living together (I know I am difficult) does not make them bad people.

Maybe my choices have not been so bad in the first place that I had to banish my exes from my presence for all time?

I feel truly blessed to have these wonderful allies and friends in my life. and I think they would say the same.

I have heard the "Exes are exes for a reason" thing, but usually from bitter grudge holders.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:02 PM   #3
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Well, I've always believed that whatever happened in my life brought me to where I am. Even if the relationship didn't end as either of us wanted, it was good that it happened for without it I wouldn't have learned whatever I might have learned (however small that experience and no matter how good, bad or downright U-G-L-Y).

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,249 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation

Well, all my exes live in Texas.......

And we still love each other (there is only ), but know we are not meant to live in the same house. We have known each other for 8 years and were in a relationship 7 of those. We do things together as friends, share family. I think we have become extended family. We let go of the relationship slowly and kindly, I think that is why along with the love that we are being able to transform it into another kind of love. I hope we can manage to keep the beauty alive, everyone needs all the love they can get, living in this world.

Pashi
Old 04-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #5
Forgetmenotfemme
Timed Out

Forgetmenotfemme is an unknown quantity at this point

exes are a waste of time.Too much trouble.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forgetmenotfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 03:21 PM   #6
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,109 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

I always say...

The people in your life... past or present... make you who you are.

I've lived through HORRIBLE abuse at the hands of one ex...lived to tell of it and become a Survivor... not his victim.

He made me who I am today... a woman Standing Tall & Strong... not cowering to his fist or choking grip like I did then.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #7
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Had 2 X's that lived in Texas. 1 just moved back here. Briefly dated another from Texas. I talk to all of them often, and wish only the best for them. The other I am not sure whatever happened to her. Last I heard she had a heart attack, and that was years ago.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:36 PM   #8
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,781 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I have exes and relationships/potential relationships where I didn't "learn" anything. I just got very hurt, felt very misunderstood and falsely accused of a million things under the sun, and I feel it was a big waste of my time when I was trying to be patient and give of myself and I ended up being very unappreciated.

Other exes and people I have had in my life I remember fondly.

So no I don't go by the adage that every person who enters my life in some way happens for a reason. I just need to be a better judge of character. I guess that's my lesson.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #9
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

I think the answer to the question is dependant on WHY the person became an ex.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 03:43 PM   #10
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,382 Times in 2,839 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
I think the answer to the question is dependant on WHY the person became an ex.

Totally, and HOW the breakup was handled.

Was it a dignified discussion?

Or, did you chop up the person's furniture in the front yard with a power saw and then catch it on fire. (yes, I know someone who did that)
Old 04-06-2010, 04:13 PM   #11
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Hippy Philosophy 101

Like an Apple that shines on the outside, we pick up said apple,
examine it, get to know it, then if we decide this is the
one we want...well, we take a bite out of it.

Sometimes it is not until we have reached the stage of wanting to get to
know an Apple, get to the core of who they are...we then realize that
perhaps that Apple was not as shiny on the inside as we
romanced ourselves into thinking.

Forgive the comparison, but I think Apples n Exes can both serve us well in
our futures when it comes right down to it. They serve as reminders of our
past and are shiny examples of our own personal evolutions. We continue
to be drawn, for whatever reason...to the tasting. Until one day we find the
perfection in our own imperfections, and are fortunate to find the very
Apple that we were seeking all along.

Of course, without all the Ex Apples...how were we to know...?

This does not mean that I have forgotten the rotten.
This does not mean that I haven't been fooled by the poisonous.

However

One bad apple does not always spoil the barrel.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:33 PM   #12
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

I only have one ex that makes me want to speed up(thump, thump), then back up. More thump thump....The rest are pretty cool.

Duchess
Old 04-06-2010, 04:38 PM   #13
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation
Default Pay back..well a little.

A year after my xhubby walked out on me with two kids for a trophy wife and her $$.He got a notice from the draft bord asking about his status.Since he had built a rather nice log home on a huge peice of land and they were living high on the hog while he was a long way behind in child suport and alimony..$200.00 a month wasnt pocket change to him but he shure wasnt sending his kids shit.Well being the good person I am and after working two jobs to suport my kids...I called the local draft bord to let them know what was going on,they came by to see all the paper work.Then a fue days later I was got a call that they were going to pick him up at the fire station M.P.s and all.Well ya know I just had to be siting in my truck watching all this while they picked his but up and from there off to boot camp at ft.leonardwood wich is in the bid boonies.Poor baby had to growup and finaly be man.This was in the vet nam war..I felt other ppl were doing there part why shouldnt he.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 04:48 PM   #14
BornBronson
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently banned 7/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
Straight Butch Woman
Relationship Status:
Nice Tie

BornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionaria View Post
Well, all my exes live in Texas.......
Yep,and the truly evil ones live in Tennessee.

*snort*
Old 04-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #15
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default can we suspend the judgements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post

I have heard the "Exes are exes for a reason" thing, but usually from bitter grudge holders.

I, for one, wish for people to feel comfortable sharing their thoughts and experiences without concern to being judged by others who have differing experiences, thoughts, or opinions.

Personal growth can come from many experiences or just the ability to express oneself freely but with respect for others. Can we agree to practice this on this thread?

Old 04-06-2010, 05:02 PM   #16
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
A 2 hour drive, even with a cat meowing at the top of her lungs, gives me time to think.

Today I was thinking about exes. Specifically, what role, if any, do exes play in peoples lives?

For me, I went thru the "I want to stay friends" phase. It was easy for me, seeing I usually initiated the break up and was emotionally disengaged. It wasnt as easy for the other person.

I found we remained in contact for a while, then gradually less and less, until now when I find myself wondering what ever happened to....

A couple a years ago, I met a woman with an interesting approach to the matter. Her feeling was "exes are exes for a reason". I can now appreciate the profoundness is such a simple statement.

Anyone else have thoughts on the subject?
I do, actually. I've had amicable break ups and those that weren't so civil. Those that I felt did no disservice to me, I tend to keep in my heart and thoughts still. Those that I wouldn't wish on an enemy, the ties are severed and, while the pain from that occasionally pops up, they don't. At least, they'd better not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
I am friends with most of my exes, they are like family.

Just because we did not work out living together (I know I am difficult) does not make them bad people.

Maybe my choices have not been so bad in the first place that I had to banish my exes from my presence for all time?

I feel truly blessed to have these wonderful allies and friends in my life. and I think they would say the same.

I liked most of your post, except the last line. While it's true I am bitter about a lot of things, saying 'exes are exes for a reason' doesn't denote that that is what I'm bitter about. *grin*

My exes are exes for two main reasons. One, they mistreated me and I wasn't having it or I mistreated them and knew it wasn't right. This mistreatment ranges from them cheating on me/me emotionally cheating on them to them beating on me. I may not have been able to put my foot down the very second the mistreatment occured, but you can best your sweet ass it *did* come down. Two, we just went our separate ways. There's no anger or bitterness here, just a sweet sadness. I'm glad for the time I had with them, but for whatever reason, it's over.

Though I haven't any anger for the exes that I just parted ways with, I do think that they are my ex for a reason. Now, that reason varies per person, but it's still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
I always say...

The people in your life... past or present... make you who you are.

I've lived through HORRIBLE abuse at the hands of one ex...lived to tell of it and become a Survivor... not his victim.

He made me who I am today... a woman Standing Tall & Strong... not cowering to his fist or choking grip like I did then.
Honey, you know I love and adore you to pieces, but I'm calling bullshit here. You have ALWAYS been a strong woman. Granted, sometimes it takes difficult situations for us to realize that within ourselves, but you would not have been able to do all that you did and survived what you did if you didn't already have the makings inside of you all along.

Please do NOT give an abuser credit for you being strong.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #17
Forgetmenotfemme
Timed Out

Forgetmenotfemme is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgetmenotfemme View Post
exes are a waste of time.Too much trouble.
They lie and cheat
Old 04-06-2010, 05:34 PM   #18
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgetmenotfemme View Post

They lie and cheat
That's pretty generalized. Actually, my most recent ex is a very lovely person who did neither of those things.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 06:01 PM   #19
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Just so you know. This thread is making me want to go sit in a corner and bang my head against the wall. It's only a matter of time before someone here thinks you're talking about THEM.

Please be careful not to bring personal drama in here with exes and people who are online in our community.
stop talking 'bout me!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 06:02 PM   #20
Isadora

How Do You Identify?:
Momma, Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
I am in love. Truly Madly Deeply

Thanked 2,128 Times in 560 Posts
Isadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST ReputationIsadora Has the BEST Reputation

I find this appalling and inappropriate. Good luck, June, I was thinking the same thing..

Read me! www.leatherati.com
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Isadora For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread