The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation
Default B-Movies: Great Movies that are just bad

Ever watch a really bad movie and thought... "that was awesome because it was so bad!"? K loves them and sometimes I find good ones (like "Rise of the Zombies" that I'm watching on SyFy and made by SyFy). I've loved the ones that Corman was famous for, particularly when Vincent Price was in them.

SyFy, in particular, has been reviving this B-movie trend with a variety of movies (Sharktopus comes to mind).

So what are you best/favourite bad movies?

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
femmsational

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitch, but she will do
Relationship Status:
Spoiled beyond rotten!

Thanked 3,788 Times in 773 Posts
femmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Ever watch a really bad movie and thought... "that was awesome because it was so bad!"? K loves them and sometimes I find good ones (like "Rise of the Zombies" that I'm watching on SyFy and made by SyFy). I've loved the ones that Corman was famous for, particularly when Vincent Price was in them.

SyFy, in particular, has been reviving this B-movie trend with a variety of movies (Sharktopus comes to mind).

So what are you best/favourite bad movies?

Oh geez!!

My honey torments me a lot with these types of movies. I don't remember names but I will say....I have that reaction to about 50% of the movies they play on the chiller channel?? I think that's the name of the channel.

They're so bad but I get sucked in. Pisses me off. LOL!!!!

Yes, I'm aware I can't spell, and no, I don't care quite enough to spell check. Sorry!!!
femmsational is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to femmsational For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmsational View Post
Oh geez!!

My honey torments me a lot with these types of movies. I don't remember names but I will say....I have that reaction to about 50% of the movies they play on the chiller channel?? I think that's the name of the channel.

They're so bad but I get sucked in. Pisses me off. LOL!!!!

Oh ya. I forgot about those. Every now and again I'll watch them because some famous star or semi-famous person that I've seen elsewhere did one of those on a lark or because they needed money.

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #4
femmsational

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitch, but she will do
Relationship Status:
Spoiled beyond rotten!

Thanked 3,788 Times in 773 Posts
femmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Oh ya. I forgot about those. Every now and again I'll watch them because some famous star or semi-famous person that I've seen elsewhere did one of those on a lark or because they needed money.

Brute is fascinated with all these b-movies. ESPECIALLY if it is zombie related.

So far I think maybe only.....2?....have had any famous/semi-famous person in them. Usually I have no idea who the people are. Which that in itself sometimes makes it hard for me to keep up.

For someone like me who only watches the news or cspan....the movies are.....different for sure. Like I said, I really get sucked into some of them.

Yes, I'm aware I can't spell, and no, I don't care quite enough to spell check. Sorry!!!
femmsational is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to femmsational For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

I keep trying to find an old SciFi movie from the late 50's early 60's about a mother ship that is trying to take over the world, the aliens look human and they have a ray gun that vaporizes earthlings where nothing remains but their bones, one of the aliens falls for a human and saves the earth from being taken over. It's a really cheese movie but I loved it and I so want to find it again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #6
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I have over 200 grade B films from westers to spooky ones.They are cheesy as all hell but I love watching them again and again,much better than the blood and gore of todays movies.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
asleep at the synthesizer
Preferred Pronoun?:
crown prince of dirty disco

Thanked 1,792 Times in 856 Posts
tonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiebug61 View Post
I keep trying to find an old SciFi movie from the late 50's early 60's about a mother ship that is trying to take over the world, the aliens look human and they have a ray gun that vaporizes earthlings where nothing remains but their bones, one of the aliens falls for a human and saves the earth from being taken over. It's a really cheese movie but I loved it and I so want to find it again.

maybe teenagers from outer space
tonaderspeisung is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tonaderspeisung For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #8
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:
Bitch has no more excuses now.

Thanked 2,785 Times in 499 Posts
BrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST Reputation

JUST remembered one of my favorite zombie movies. Not sure if it's a b movie but I never saw it in theaters or anything....

Land of the Dead.

LOVE that one. Has the guy from The Mentalist in it. Been racking my brain trying to figure out the name of that damn thing and finally did a google search. Lol.

Love Me Some Zombies and Apocolypes,
Brute.
BrutalDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #9
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Them!!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047573/

I can still hear the noise they made....
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #10
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I always loved "The Blob"!!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #11
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

OMG That's it thank you..LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #12
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,686 Times in 1,608 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Night of the Comet.

"A comet wipes out most of life on Earth, leaving two Valley Girls to fight the evil types who survive."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087799/

Old 10-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #13
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyDoll View Post
Night of the Comet.

"A comet wipes out most of life on Earth, leaving two Valley Girls to fight the evil types who survive."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087799/

Oh.. I remember that movie.. it was around the time before the fall of the Berlin Wall.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:48 AM   #14
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

NUDE ON THE MOON

omg...you have to see it
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:07 AM   #15
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

Thrones & Empires, it's got a fantastic cast, full of very famous actors, and it's a pile of pants! Such a shame, because the whole idea would work, if the writer had not had his head stuck up his own arse ...