Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 04-29-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,763 Times in 549 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mental Illness

I really think we should have a place where we can discuss and get support here. So many people think of this as an excuse when there are some of us who take medication daily and struggle to lead "normal" lives. Even if you just discuss what medication you are on and how it helps you or medication you were on what it did. Or...If you have found a way to cope without the need of medication. I have a feeling that we have more people out there than just me who need support. Even my own parents thought of this as an excuse until I fully explained what I go through in my head just to function.

I seriously hope others come here and back me in this and we can start a thread that really helps others. It is so needed.

Giving help and hope to those in need,

Jedi
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jedi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2010, 12:52 AM   #2
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster View Post
I really think we should have a place where we can discuss and get support here. So many people think of this as an excuse when there are some of us who take medication daily and struggle to lead "normal" lives. Even if you just discuss what medication you are on and how it helps you or medication you were on what it did. Or...If you have found a way to cope without the need of medication. I have a feeling that we have more people out there than just me who need support. Even my own parents thought of this as an excuse until I fully explained what I go through in my head just to function.

I seriously hope others come here and back me in this and we can start a thread that really helps others. It is so needed.

Giving help and hope to those in need,

Jedi

Jedi, I am happy you started this thread. I suffer from schizophrenia...but I am well medicated and attend therapy and a support group once a week. I don't have insurance...but my local mental health clinic provides me with all of it. I was diagnosed 2 years ago after getting clean from a heroin and cocaine addiction. Since my recent group of meds have taken affect I feel stable, and I have not suffered any symptoms like visual and auditory hallucinations. I have been through a fair amount of med changes...and finally I think I have the right combination. I rely on structure to take my meds. I take them the exact same time every day. I also don't feel like a zombie anymore. Meds I took earlier made me feel that way...so I would quit taking them, which made things worse. I was hospitalized 5 times in the past 18 months. I have adjusted to the way I now have to live my life. I am aware of my stressors and triggers...that alone is a big acomplishment for me. I do feel less emotional than I used to be...but I am adjusting to that. I am proof that meds, therapy, and support work. I don't know if I will ever be normal, but I can function very well like this.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Just another day.....

Well.....to be totally honest, I function but I am not happy.....not usually anyway. I still get calls from my crazy ex. I'm still trying to recover from what she did. It really damaged me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jedi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2010, 11:34 AM   #4
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Jedi,

I am sorry to hear this. I wish you peace from here on out.

Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #5
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

It's Psych Week on Discovery Health Channel. Starts tonight at 9 pm est.
Here is a preview, I will be tuning in and hoping to learn something all week.

SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2010, 02:30 PM   #6
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hey Jedi,

I like the focus for this thread - the medications we need to live. I live with depression/anxiety. I was diagnosed when I was 15 - I'm 37 now. I've been on a series of meds - every few years have to change because the brain gets used to the current ones. Currently I'm on fluoxetine, lamictal, and xanax. They're doing the trick. Also see a therapist once, sometimes twice a month. Right now maintaining pretty well - course I've had 22 years of practice!!!

This seems like a good place to share a frustration of mine. Have you ever been in a conversation talking about someone who appears to be having a bad day, and someone says, "guess they didn't take their prozac today"? I find that horribly offensive, making light of those of us who do take meds and need these meds, not just to try to be in a good mood but to survive. Even worse, if you're having a bad day and someone asks you if you remembered to take your meds (especially folks who know you take meds). I've expressed my frustration when folks make these comments, but on only one instance have I had someone take me seriously. I try to just let it go, but in my mind it's one more way that mental illness is reduced to the "it's all in your head - get over it" mentality. Anyone else experience this???
Old 05-02-2010, 03:48 PM   #7
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

I always get remarks like what you posted Darth. It goes thru me like bullets. Obviously the person making the remark has no clue as to what it is to suffer from anxiety or depression. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. It is pure hell. So, when some jackass makes a remark like that - it shows their lack of respect towards me or whomever, and shows the kind of person they are.

It isn't in my head. It was the knife being held at my throat. Or when my sisters (I have 4 older sisters) who came to me for protection from our father. So no, it isn't in my head.

Andrew
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2010, 04:00 PM   #8
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Denkay View Post
Hey Jedi,

I like the focus for this thread - the medications we need to live. I live with depression/anxiety. I was diagnosed when I was 15 - I'm 37 now. I've been on a series of meds - every few years have to change because the brain gets used to the current ones. Currently I'm on fluoxetine, lamictal, and xanax. They're doing the trick. Also see a therapist once, sometimes twice a month. Right now maintaining pretty well - course I've had 22 years of practice!!!

This seems like a good place to share a frustration of mine. Have you ever been in a conversation talking about someone who appears to be having a bad day, and someone says, "guess they didn't take their prozac today"? I find that horribly offensive, making light of those of us who do take meds and need these meds, not just to try to be in a good mood but to survive. Even worse, if you're having a bad day and someone asks you if you remembered to take your meds (especially folks who know you take meds). I've expressed my frustration when folks make these comments, but on only one instance have I had someone take me seriously. I try to just let it go, but in my mind it's one more way that mental illness is reduced to the "it's all in your head - get over it" mentality. Anyone else experience this???
Denkay...

I can soooo relate......BUT.....I'm not defending those who think they are funny. I forget to take my meds sometimes. Even though they are sitting out in plain sight. So...some do have to ask if I took my meds and yes even if I forgot I still get rather offended. Just missing 1 day can mess me up. Not majorly....but enough to be noticed in how I feel. I'm pretty in tune with myself. But I'm human and have my off days. And just because I'm having an off day, doesn't mean I need a med change or extra therapy either. Some people are at such a loss that they suggest the absurd, thinking they are being helpful because they don't know what else to say. My big peeve....is people who think your mental illness is just an excuse. That really upsets me. I mean....you think I really want to hallucinate and show how my thinking and judgement get clouded? Like I don't view it as a weakness sometimes...you know? Like...I don't like it used against me when I strive so hard to overcome it and live as normal as I can.....in spite of the fact it's there. OK...I'll get off my soapbox now.

Everyone....thank you for showing me support....I'm going through a rough time right now and have no idea when it will get easier.

Jedi
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jedi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #9
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Default Today was a good day!!!

I had been feeling increasingly depressed lately. For a number of reasons....

I'm working this temporary job and was sent out of town on business last week. I was given work this week in Delray Beach this week and it's about 17 miles....not far. At my last 45 minutes...I was given this 6 ft section...I asked the project manager to help me set the shelves by moving them with me with the merchandise still on them...it was the quickest way to get the section moved as it was all saline and contact lens cleaner and eye drops (I'm doing a walgreens reset)...well anyway...before I ramble on...long story short...he helped me out and then tonight as I was leaving he told me I was doing really well...and everytime he comes out to me on the floor while I'm working on an area he always says..."Let's set the pace" and things like that.
So...I didn't think I was doing so well. I was busting my butt to only touch things once and get stuff moved. And I was stuck with peg hooks again...and was given about 9 ft to do by myself. It took me 6 1/5 hrs. So...the 45 minutes for 6 ft was really unrealistic. And I had an idea that totally gave us a jump for morning shift. And, he said I was really doing good work...that felt good. I was afraid (the way they kept checking on me), that I was moving too slow. And I thought I heard my name mentioned and a "yeah...I'll talk to her" but that could just be my illness. And I hate that kind of stuff. It doesn't happen too often, but when it does...... I kept my mouth shut and my mind on doing the job. And it appears to be nothing.

I feel really good that I'm doing much better than what I had been thinking all day. Another thing I hate about the illness...it makes me doubt myself. And it isn't rational...so it doesn't sit well with me. I functioned in spite of it and I think a lot of it is thanks to medication. Which I remembered to take today... So today was a good day.

Here's hoping you all had a good day, too... (I try to remember to count my blessings everyday)
Old 05-04-2010, 10:31 PM   #10
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster View Post
I had been feeling increasingly depressed lately. For a number of reasons....

I'm working this temporary job and was sent out of town on business last week. I was given work this week in Delray Beach this week and it's about 17 miles....not far. At my last 45 minutes...I was given this 6 ft section...I asked the project manager to help me set the shelves by moving them with me with the merchandise still on them...it was the quickest way to get the section moved as it was all saline and contact lens cleaner and eye drops (I'm doing a walgreens reset)...well anyway...before I ramble on...long story short...he helped me out and then tonight as I was leaving he told me I was doing really well...and everytime he comes out to me on the floor while I'm working on an area he always says..."Let's set the pace" and things like that.
So...I didn't think I was doing so well. I was busting my butt to only touch things once and get stuff moved. And I was stuck with peg hooks again...and was given about 9 ft to do by myself. It took me 6 1/5 hrs. So...the 45 minutes for 6 ft was really unrealistic. And I had an idea that totally gave us a jump for morning shift. And, he said I was really doing good work...that felt good. I was afraid (the way they kept checking on me), that I was moving too slow. And I thought I heard my name mentioned and a "yeah...I'll talk to her" but that could just be my illness. And I hate that kind of stuff. It doesn't happen too often, but when it does...... I kept my mouth shut and my mind on doing the job. And it appears to be nothing.

I feel really good that I'm doing much better than what I had been thinking all day. Another thing I hate about the illness...it makes me doubt myself. And it isn't rational...so it doesn't sit well with me. I functioned in spite of it and I think a lot of it is thanks to medication. Which I remembered to take today... So today was a good day.

Here's hoping you all had a good day, too... (I try to remember to count my blessings everyday)
I can relate to the self doubt. I do it all the time...even when I am doing things I know that I did well before my diagnosis. I just started a new job and I have been experiencing that a lot lately. I just keep telling myself to keep at it, that I am being too hard on myself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 05:44 PM   #11
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefhottie25 View Post
I can relate to the self doubt. I do it all the time...even when I am doing things I know that I did well before my diagnosis. I just started a new job and I have been experiencing that a lot lately. I just keep telling myself to keep at it, that I am being too hard on myself.
I'm glad someone else out there can relate...I feel less alone. Forgot my meds today. Remembered before it was too late though. I hate when that happens. And I engaged in some typical sick behavior today which disturbed me. I just don't like when I have days like these. Although.....the depression isn't as bad.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:08 AM   #12
JinxdGirl

How Do You Identify?:
Tomyboy Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
The girl ones, please!
Relationship Status:
Single

JinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Denkay View Post
I've actually just had this conversation with my roommate. I cope with mental illness, but that doesn't negate my right to a bad day. She helps keep me accountable with my meds, if left to my own devices I'll conveniently forget them for days on end; so the asking if I've taken them is appreciated but don't assume just because I've got a case of the grumps that I haven't medicated myself.

So, she made a board for each person in the house:

Today Is:
A Good Day
A Bad Day
A Meh Day
A Sad Day
An Okay Day
A Forgot to take Meds Day

with a box to check beside each one and a corresponding face to illustrate.

Seems silly, but it works for us and it's a way to check in without asking the dreaded "Did you take your meds today?"
JinxdGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JinxdGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2010, 08:54 PM   #13
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

just checking in. hope evreryone is doing well. i have had a busy week at work but with minimal stress. still taking my meds regularly and seeing my therapist.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2010, 04:12 PM   #14
naturlover_52

How Do You Identify?:
soft butch/bi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she and her are just fine....Sweetcheeks hey you
Relationship Status:
seeing someone long distance but soon will be both in Ca love her very much

Location: So Calif East San Gabrielle Valley aka the land of shake and bake
naturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputation
Default mental illness

feI am feeling very stressed right now...and I don't know what to do...I am trying to get my dad, who has Alzheimers off on a trip and he is a bit stressed and his forgeting is up a bit...and I am worried about him and sooo my Anxiety disorder is a bit UP
and sooo I am just having a really rough time right now...and if I take my trazadone...even like a 1/2 all I wanna do is sleep...which sux...because then I can't help finishing getting him packed.
I just wanna scream.....because I hate feeling like this

naturlover_52 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to naturlover_52 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2010, 07:30 PM   #15
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturlover_52 View Post
feI am feeling very stressed right now...and I don't know what to do...I am trying to get my dad, who has Alzheimers off on a trip and he is a bit stressed and his forgeting is up a bit...and I am worried about him and sooo my Anxiety disorder is a bit UP
and sooo I am just having a really rough time right now...and if I take my trazadone...even like a 1/2 all I wanna do is sleep...which sux...because then I can't help finishing getting him packed.
I just wanna scream.....because I hate feeling like this

Hang in there! It will get better.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jedi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 12:48 PM   #16
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

[QUOTE=June;95105]Jedi - I totally agree, this is a great idea for a thread. Just a couple of things:

1. Please only speak of your own personal experiences, not those who you think might be mentally ill. They get to tell their own stories, or not.

2. Remember, this is a public website, so it's not truly a "safe" space. Keep that in mind when posting about your experiences and disclose only what you feel comfortable sharing with -potentially- the rest of the world.

[/QUOTE

June,

That was all I intended. I only want to here from those who take may or may not take meds but struggle daily as I do.

Jedi]
Old 04-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #17
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

[quote=JediMaster;95110]
Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Jedi - I totally agree, this is a great idea for a thread. Just a couple of things:

1. Please only speak of your own personal experiences, not those who you think might be mentally ill. They get to tell their own stories, or not.

2. Remember, this is a public website, so it's not truly a "safe" space. Keep that in mind when posting about your experiences and disclose only what you feel comfortable sharing with -potentially- the rest of the world.

[/QUOTE

June,

That was all I intended. I only want to here from those who take may or may not take meds but struggle daily as I do.

Jedi]
Sorry about the typos
Old 04-29-2010, 02:01 PM   #18
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,382 Times in 2,839 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Hey there Jedi! There is another thread on mental Illness that Darth Benkay started, I will try to find it later.

But on the subject of meds I have a long history.

I had a bad experience on lithium and several related drugs in my 20's, which I finally stopped taking "cold turkey". I can't even put into works how hard it was and the harm it caused me mentally.

For many years I refused meds, but finally after much reading and reflection I started on SSRI's with really good results.

When I stop taking my meds I am too anxious and frozen to even leave the house.

Yes I do have some side effects, mainly weight gain, but I would rather be fat than too crazy to leave the house.

I take Lexapro, Cymbalta and have Ativan for anxiety. I have way cut back on the Ativan though over time, which I am proud of.

I go to a therapist and we are working on brain-spotting for my PTSD and removing as many things from my life which make me anxious as I can. Relearning behaviors, setting boundaries and so forth.

Great idea for a thread JediMaster. No worries with the spelling!
Old 04-29-2010, 02:21 PM   #19
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

Hi Jedi! Good to see you bro!

I take multiple meds for various health problems I have (diabetes, heart disease following a heart attack, high blood pressure, etc.), depression, anxiety, and neurological deficits that I have.

I don't live a lie, and am very open about my health and how it sudden has gone from good to piss poor. I find it very frustrating when other people gossip about me being a drug user and abuser. Sheesh. No, I am not. It is all under the care of many doctors. Believe you me. I am footing the bill.

I find it heart breaking when I think about the psychiatrist who broke the Hippa laws thinking it was ok to discuss my issues openly with my parents (my father is a retired physician). I think of the ol' boys club. And that is what it was like for me. I tried many therapists, but none really helped me. The damage was done. The hurt is greater than the wound if that makes sense. I have limits and boundaries that I have set in place.

I have discussed all of this with my current doctors and have legal documents in hand barring my parents from any interference with my healthcare now. I find it interesting that living a life of integrity is more peace-filled than I ever can imagined before.

I also will tell you that if you lock onto my name, go do a search of the posts I have done already, and you will find us at the other thread we are on that Apocalipstic told you about. It is very good.

Namaste,
Andrew

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2010, 02:32 PM   #20
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post

Hi Jedi! Good to see you bro!

I take multiple meds for various health problems I have (diabetes, heart disease following a heart attack, high blood pressure, etc.), depression, anxiety, and neurological deficits that I have.

I don't live a lie, and am very open about my health and how it sudden has gone from good to piss poor. I find it very frustrating when other people gossip about me being a drug user and abuser. Sheesh. No, I am not. It is all under the care of many doctors. Believe you me. I am footing the bill.

I find it heart breaking when I think about the psychiatrist who broke the Hippa laws thinking it was ok to discuss my issues openly with my parents (my father is a retired physician). I think of the ol' boys club. And that is what it was like for me. I tried many therapists, but none really helped me. The damage was done. The hurt is greater than the wound if that makes sense. I have limits and boundaries that I have set in place.

I have discussed all of this with my current doctors and have legal documents in hand barring my parents from any interference with my healthcare now. I find it interesting that living a life of integrity is more peace-filled than I ever can imagined before.

I also will tell you that if you lock onto my name, go do a search of the posts I have done already, and you will find us at the other thread we are on that Apocalipstic told you about. It is very good.

Namaste,
Andrew

Andrew,

I'M SORRY FOR WHAT YOU WENT THROUGH. That being said...I wanna hear from those who also take meds and try to live "normal lives."
It never seems to be ok to jusdt be mentally ill anymore. You have to have other illnesses on top of it. Mine don't debilitate me but could if I let them. i fight so hard not to be a statistic. I would love to be recognized for that. I know that isn't really gonna be the case......but I fight nonetheless.

Jedi