Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 03-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tornado's Feb 2012, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky

For all those in the way of the Tornado's please stay safe...

Southern Ohio, Southern Indiana, Kentucky...am i missing any states?

Please check in and let us all know your safe..

sending prayers your way

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation
Default A news Link

here is a link

http://www.wave3.com/

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He preferredably :)
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Thanked 2,267 Times in 510 Posts
RNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST Reputation
Default :(

Thank you ..... Southern Ohio bloke right here and its pitch black out , pouring rain and thunder and winds blowing heavily ooooooohhhhh I saw a smart car fly by my window . Wowwwww . Kidding . Seriously its bad here folks , please keep some prayers out for us in this area
RNguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RNguy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNguy View Post
Thank you ..... Southern Ohio bloke right here and its pitch black out , pouring rain and thunder and winds blowing heavily ooooooohhhhh I saw a smart car fly by my window . Wowwwww . Kidding . Seriously its bad here folks , please keep some prayers out for us in this area
your in my thoughts n prayers....

there's 2 baby girls at a hospital right now without their families one is age 3 one is appx age 20months or so...heartbreaking to say the least

several dead already...

Old 03-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #5
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

RNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST Reputation
Default thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaea View Post
your in my thoughts n prayers....

there's 2 baby girls at a hospital right now without their families one is age 3 one is appx age 20months or so...heartbreaking to say the least

several dead already...
Thank you darling . I know its sad and what's sad as well are the majority of these families in our appalachia are poverty , so what they lose is all they have which wasn't much sadly . Thank God for donators for these causes . Love their hearts .
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RNguy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,154 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation

In Kansas we also had one town south of Topeka (not near me) that was leveled on Tuesday night that appears to have been the start of many tornados that followed. I hope all of the B-F Planet peeps,family and friends in the Southlands are safe and my thoughts are with all of you.

ksrainbow-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #7
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Quote:
Thank you darling . I know its sad and what's sad as well are the majority of these families in our appalachia are poverty , so what they lose is all they have which wasn't much sadly . Thank God for donators for these causes . Love their hearts .
this one brings a tear to my eye....what can some of us westerners do ?

Old 03-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #8
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

I got a hold of my Aunt in Louisville, she is doing well and the nursing home where her partner my other aunt is, they are all doing ok. She will stay in touch with me...I told her if she didnt id send someone to her house <3 those two with all my heart..

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #9
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaea View Post
this one brings a tear to my eye....what can some of us westerners do ?

If you can afford to donate, give to the Red Cross (that was a general "you", not specifically you, gaea ).
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2012, 05:02 AM   #10
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
HEY YOU! That same storm was blowing through here about the same time you made this post. I took the *boy* and camped out in the make shift storm shelter (srsly) The storm has ended, but the gusting winds have NOT! I'm listening to the news and the damage reports. All is well here. my SMART CAR is safe too.

The news is showing devastation around your town. Check in PLEASE!

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2012, 05:32 AM   #11
WomenMoveMe

How Do You Identify?:
I just wander about and be!
Relationship Status:
Caution: Dead End

Thanked 2,101 Times in 417 Posts
WomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST Reputation

Western Kentucky checking in. It was somewhat brutal there for a bit. Prison was on lockdown. However, all is well, and while we had some very violent weather, no tornadoes.
WomenMoveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WomenMoveMe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2012, 06:22 AM   #12
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WomenMoveMe View Post
Western Kentucky checking in. It was somewhat brutal there for a bit. Prison was on lockdown. However, all is well, and while we had some very violent weather, no tornadoes.

You and yours were in my thoughts yesterday WWM - I'm glad all is cool with you.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #13
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,009 Posts
Princess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

Harveyville, ks actually had no warning at all. Due to very unfortunate circumstances their warning system was never activated. They literally didn't know until the tornado was on top of them. 1 death, 11 injuries and about 40% of the small town, which is about 250 ppl have damaged-destroyed homes. I have a good friend who list their home in this mess. I know the ppl there can use all of the prayers and thoughts they can get!
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #14
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Quote:
Originally Posted by WomenMoveMe View Post
glad to hear all is well where you are ..My aunties are well in Louisville.

The Following User Says Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #15
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Default p.s

Only in this appalachia area does the news man say this : " this is no funny joke people , get inside now and get out of your trailers and go to someone's house and visit for a while " geez o Pete
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RNguy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #16
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Quote:
Only in this appalachia area does the news man say this : " this is no funny joke people , get inside now and get out of your trailers and go to someone's house and visit for a while " geez o Pete
the honesty of this makes me chuckle...

see my next post.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:23 PM   #17
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

Stay safe everyone... Please check in when you can or get a hold of someone who can let the people of the Planet know you are okay...

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #18
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,705 Times in 7,722 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

prayers going out to everyone affected by these horrible storms....sending my loving thoughts to all..and sending energies for all to be safe tonight...bless you all...each and everyone!
Old 03-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #19
moxie

How Do You Identify?:
a cynical princess wannabe
Preferred Pronoun?:
lipgloss junkie
Relationship Status:
yep

Thanked 6,769 Times in 1,846 Posts
moxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputation

Eastern and Southeastern KY (where I am) got hit badly by tornadoes this evening. Morgan County was one of the areas hit on Wednesday by an EF2 and got hit again tonight. By at least an EF3 tonight was about a 1/2-mile wide, National Guard are being sent in. Destroyed the downtown of the town of West Liberty. I think about another 5 or 6 hit in our area.

One county in the area (Laurel County) has 4 deaths.

I was fortunate in that my county didn't get hit. But we were on a warning for about 2 hours about 4 hours ago. And it's storming badly right now...1-2 inch diameter hail.

You don't hear about tornadoes much here mainly because it's the mountains. Tornadoes in the mountains are scary because they just bounce around.

We were fortunate here in my immediate area because they closed and cancelled things before the storms started. It's a Friday night and the weekends are the main time people come out around here from the hollers, so by closing things it kept people safe and able to stay protected from the bad rains here. Flash flooding and mudslides in my immediate area.

Please, if you live in the path of these storms, don't go out in them. Take shelter.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #20
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Default thank you !!!!!!

Gaea thank you so much for well wishes and genuine concern . You are a class act friend . I was thinking a lot about what you posted regarding donations to red cross verses churches . Red cross is a good place for donating blood for the packed red cells and fresh fffp and platelets ( please do not donate if you are a chronic anemic or have low bp or the jov or titis ) no they screen all that stuff . Seriously if people could do that there that's great. However , like yourself I am a fan of donating clothes , glasses , watches , foods etc to churches . I used to donate to united way from my paycheck until that org embezzlement scandal and I no longer do that . It's humbling to live in the region I do because until katrina , our area was the largest poverty stricken and now we are 2nd in the states but we are the first still to be the most illiterate sadly . There are documentarys out there about appalachian life in the ky, wv , southern Ohio region that will bring some tears in your eyes for sure . People don't realize the severity of life here until they see documentarys. There is an old famous saying here , that was shown in the movie coal minors daughter that goes " around here you have 3 choices for work .. coal mine , sell moonshine , or move on down the line ". Sadly kids drop out of school in the 8th , 9th grade to work in farms and various under table jobs to help support their families . That still occurs here . There really are mountain people here who stay in the mountains and live there secluded from the towns and those poor kids don't even know what a school is . There are needy in your area surely . Nobody can ever donate enough , that's impossible with all the needs in the world but sometimes going to a store and buying an extra milk and some baby food , and cereal or what not and drop it on a doorstep and knock on the door and leave . These folks here are poor and humbling . They would give their last extra shirt to someone in need . That is the heart of a lot of poverty people. They don't know what its like to have anything extra so if they have something extra they will give it to their neighbors. If you are good at making quilts and all that stuff , make something and send it to a church to give to people . these are some suggestions darling . Thank you again for this thread friend ..... Sincerely RNguy
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RNguy For This Useful Post: