laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation
Question Where do I fit in?

As a bi woman who has been married (to a man) but who has been in love with a woman I find I have no place.
I enjoy men and women and always have. I find that the lesbian community considers me to be a fence sitter and I am not welcomed and the hetro community considers me maladjusted and doesn't want to know. Most men are okay if you are sleeping with other women, but most women are not okay with you sleeping with a man.

I find that I have no place and constantly feel like I am on the peripheral not really belonging anywhere.

So... my question then is, where do I fit in? And am I the only one who feels this way?

Where is my community??
laruss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
genghisfawn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme/Gentlewoman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Happily married 05/17/14

Thanked 2,157 Times in 403 Posts
genghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputation

Hi laruss,

Welcome! Sometimes the popular opinion is only popular by a small margin... this is how minority governments are made. Remember that not everyone in the queer community is biphobic or will be unwelcoming to bisexual women. Those who mind don't matter, and those who don't matter don't mind, and all that.

As for community... what kind of community do you seek? My high school chaplain loved to tell the story of an old man who used to sit at the roadside at the gates to a big city. He met a newcomer and welcomed him, asking him what his old city had been like. The newcomer said, "My old city was full of people who were selfish, hateful, fickle and materialistic. I was glad to leave them." The old man shook his head sadly and said, "So you shall find them in the city ahead." Awhile later, another newcomer came and, upon asking the same questions, the newcomer replied, "The people in my old city were kind, selfless, good and loving. I hated to leave them." The old man smiled and nodded, saying, "So you shall find them in the city ahead."

I know you'll seek community - you took the first step by coming here! Cream rises to the top. Good to meet you, neighbour!

genghisfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
Maria

How Do You Identify?:
Regular, with sugar

Thanked 1,335 Times in 501 Posts
Maria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST Reputation

You are definitely in the right place.

Welcome to the Planet!
Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maria For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #4
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
grenade

How Do You Identify?:
Full Flavor Femme

Thanked 8,062 Times in 2,121 Posts
grenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputation

nice to meet you!

isn't genghisfawn awesome????
grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grenade For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
genghisfawn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme/Gentlewoman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Happily married 05/17/14

Thanked 2,157 Times in 403 Posts
genghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenade View Post
nice to meet you!

isn't genghisfawn awesome????
Grenaaaaaaade is my biggest femme-crush!

Welcome again, Laruss. You know you'll have fun settling in with us babes!
genghisfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to genghisfawn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #7
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,713 Times in 7,724 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

hey laruss...welcome...live your life on YOUR OWN terms..and offer NO apologies...no one else's.
Like Genghis wrote..."those who mind don't matter" and those who matter, don't mind"...grins
Old 03-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #8
Sassy

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Together

Thanked 1,928 Times in 460 Posts
Sassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by laruss View Post
As a bi woman who has been married (to a man) but who has been in love with a woman I find I have no place.
I enjoy men and women and always have. I find that the lesbian community considers me to be a fence sitter and I am not welcomed and the hetro community considers me maladjusted and doesn't want to know. Most men are okay if you are sleeping with other women, but most women are not okay with you sleeping with a man.

I find that I have no place and constantly feel like I am on the peripheral not really belonging anywhere.

So... my question then is, where do I fit in? And am I the only one who feels this way?

Where is my community??

I thoroughly empathize.

Here's some psychic hugs.
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sassy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #9
Morgan

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, hy, hym, does not matter
Relationship Status:
I am enjoying life....

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,604 Times in 411 Posts
Morgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome Laruus.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #10
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Laruss. Nice to see more Canadians.

I want to say "roll it off your back" but I get that it's not always that easy. So I won't.

What I will say is this: people who are assholes will behave like assholes, and people who rock will go ahead and rock. You need to find the people who rock. And they're out there. I've been lucky enough to have had a really stellar real life community of people from all orientations and genders who really just love the hell out of one another.

And anybody who would try to police your sexuality? In addition to their behaviour being astoundingly un-feminist...they are not worth your time.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #11
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,686 Times in 1,608 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Where is my community??
Been there! I have had people tell me that I am not a "true lesbian" because I have been with men-even though I really do not consider myself to be bisexual.

So, what do you do? You stick to your guns, you let go of those who bring you down (or try to) and in time, you will find yourself surrounded by people who accept you for you.

BFP is a great place to start finding those people

Welcome to the Planet!

Old 03-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #12
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,903 Times in 1,030 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Always great to see more Canadians showing up here

It's really shitty that you've had that experience. I don't know much about lgbt centres over there in Alberta, here in T.O. we have community centres and health centres that run support groups and social groups for various identities, including bisexual folks. Maybe try places like that for RL community if you have such centres in your area? Sometimes the mainstream lgbt community isn't particularly as inclusive when it comes to the B and the T, so you have to start looking outside the mainstream and into the queer community. And as others have said, ignore the assholes. It will probably seem like a tough thing to do now, but once you've found a community that is truly queer-positive for all that queer encompasses, you might find it gets easier to stomach the assholes.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #13
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,543 Times in 4,141 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

You are always welcome here, glad you found us.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #14
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome, Laruss

To echo what everyone else has said, welcome to the planet!! Sorry you've felt alienated elsewhere, but I doubt you'll experience that here!

xoxo, Novela
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #15
SelfMadeMan

How Do You Identify?:
Transsexual Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married to The Woman of My Dreams <3

Thanked 2,669 Times in 527 Posts
SelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Where is my community??
Your community is here! You fit in here and plenty of people on the Planet are more than happy to welcome you with open arms and give you a place to socialize. As for outside the forums, in your community, I would urge you to keep looking and keep trying... I'm sorry you've experienced this type of prejudice from the LGBTQ community, but not everyone is like that. I've had similar experiences as a transman, but for all the negative experiences I've had, I've had twice that in positive ones
Welcome to the Planet!
SelfMadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SelfMadeMan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #16
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Thank you

Thank you to everyone who responded. I do have a great group of friends who accept me for who I am, however in looking for that special someone it gets a bit tougher.

I realized last night that really I am not even bi, I really am pangender. Will this make it even more confusing?

I have never really understood the labels. My mother was married twice to men, then in two committed relationships with women. She had been in a relationship with a woman for 22 years when she died. My brother is a gay man so I have always been around all orientations. I always just thought of people as people. It's the person I fall in love with, not the outer package or their label.

That is not as acceptable out here in the real world. You must label and identify with said label. I don't... or I didn't until I found this new label, lol, now I can call myself pangender and confuse people even more.

I think I will check and see about what support groups we have here.

Thank you again to everyone who responded.
laruss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #17
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,903 Times in 1,030 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

It'll probably be confusing for the same people who took issue with bisexuality...but there are many people out there in the queer community who have no problem understanding why a person chooses to identify as pangender or pansexual. It's just a matter of breaking out of the homonormative community and finding those with a more inclusive outlook. Good luck! And yeah, if you can definitely try support groups. Might also give you tips on finding events and stuff.

Last edited by EnderD_503; 03-19-2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Added stuff
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #18
Red-Dragon

How Do You Identify?:
just me
Preferred Pronoun?:
hym/dude/him/bro
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Red-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST ReputationRed-Dragon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Thank you to everyone who responded. I do have a great group of friends who accept me for who I am, however in looking for that special someone it gets a bit tougher.

I realized last night that really I am not even bi, I really am pangender. Will this make it even more confusing?

I have never really understood the labels. My mother was married twice to men, then in two committed relationships with women. She had been in a relationship with a woman for 22 years when she died. My brother is a gay man so I have always been around all orientations. I always just thought of people as people. It's the person I fall in love with, not the outer package or their label.

That is not as acceptable out here in the real world. You must label and identify with said label. I don't... or I didn't until I found this new label, lol, now I can call myself pangender and confuse people even more.

I think I will check and see about what support groups we have here.

Thank you again to everyone who responded.
i agree with you to fall in love with the person not the label thats how i truely see it but the whole label thing gets me confused so i see it as fall for the person inside and out ignore the label. i'm going to be a odd ball *salutes* welcome to the planet like everyone else says. pssst...p.s. there are places in alberta just gotta find em i heard google is best to find stuff again welcome to the planet
Red-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Red-Dragon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #19
Beloved

How Do You Identify?:
alive
Preferred Pronoun?:
um
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,653 Times in 298 Posts
Beloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thank you for this post, Laruss. I am brand new here (even though I must have registered some time ago, just forgot about it). I don't really identify as "bisexual." But I went through many years dating only butch women. The last relationship was very dysfunctional and verbally abusive. We split up. Then I dated a man and *gasp* many people in the butch-femme community were horrified! It really hurt. Bad. And it still does. Actually, my straight friends were supportive of me no matter who I was with. And now I am single again, and I really am attracted to butch women (more than I am to bio-men) and I feel so hesitant to try to connect with this community because I feel I may be unwelcome.
Beloved is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Beloved For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #20
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

On this site, you are welcome, the Planet is the only site that welcomes diversity in all our colors. So put your fears to rest and get postin'.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post: