Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-30-2010, 11:49 PM   #1
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,014 Times in 610 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Great food for those who hate to cook, lack experience or time, or just like easy stuff

I have been posting on threads where there are some yummy recipes for us all to share, but some of them have tons of ingredients, and frankly, I don't want to work that hard. Most of the recipes I use (what am I talking about - I don't use recipes - I just throw things in the pot!) are very simple and have few ingredients. This thread will be for food that you can prepare quickly, or just leave alone once it has started cooking, or that maybe doesn't get cooked at all.

This is a snack my kids love, but I invented it as something quick to serve to dates after a night on the town back when I was a young Femme.

Ingredients for each treat
1 slice of bread
1 slice of bologna (make some one inch cuts around the
outside to keep it from curling)
1 slice of a medium sized ripe tomato
1 slice of the white stringy cheese of your choice.

Assembly:
bread on bottom,
slice of bologna on top,
slice of tomato on top of that,
and finally the cheese.

Sprinkle on a little paprika, or cajon spice if you like, and stick in your toaster oven. Toast until cheese melts - that takes about the same time as it takes to toast a slice of bread. Variations are endless - it works especially well with cappicola, ham, or genoa salami.
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2010, 12:01 AM   #2
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

How could I have forgotten my favorite food, and the simplest of all meals? I was an adult before I started likeing spaghetti sauce. As a child my mother always fixed me a separate bowl without sauce - with a generous serving of butter (actually I prefer margarine)

Buttered Spaghetti

Boil about 3 quarts of water. Add about 1/4 lb spaghetti noodles; boil till "al dente" (cooked, but firm.) Drain it (I use a colander to avoid burning myself.)Put it in bowls (this will serve two people.) Add as much butter, salt and pepper as you like and start eating. Hubby liked it with chunks of processed cheese melted into it (one minute in the microwave). Several of my kids like it tossed with parmesan cheese. Me, I'm a purist - I just like it with butter.
Smooches,
Keri
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Hi Keri,

There is a cookbook that is 1,2, & 3 ingrediants only. Also, if you go online you can pull up some of these online. Rosie does this alot. I am on a special diet because of my kidney disease. Everything is going topsy turvey for me now. But for you and your kids, I would check out the crockpot receipes as well.

Also, my Grandmother made spaghetti the same way you do! That sure did bring back some good memories! Thank you for posting that.

Love,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:57 AM   #4
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,737 Times in 3,173 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I'll 2nd crockpot recipes. They are the easiest things to make. Basically, fill the crockpot early in the morning, set it to low-med and let it cook happily on it's own throughout the day. By dinnertime, it's ready.

I usually just search online for easy stuff.. http://busycooks.about.com/od/favori...itecrockpo.htm

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:59 AM   #5
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,410 Times in 4,054 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

OK I can do this too.

1 box elbow mac boiled
3 boiled eggs cut up
1 can small early peas

mayo to taste
vinegar to taste
celery salt, salt and pepper to taste
I also use garlic or garlic salt.

Yummy snack
You can put cubed ham, cubed cheese or olives or cherry maters or about anything else in there you like. At any rate it only takes as long as it takes the elbow mac to cook to prepare
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:13 AM   #6
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

I like to cook

there are some things I shouldn't ever cook - fried potatos for one lol

but others I excel at

I workd 10 - 7 and I get hungry for something good - so I googled easy receipes and found a site dedicated to the hungry, and short on time college student lol

Here's a receipe I've tried and it worked well.

Oven Fried Chicken

Better than the Colonel's own!!! And you don't have to use all that grease to get crispy chicken-just the right topping will do. Wash and skin chicken. Beat one egg in a small bowl. Add spices to the egg mixture. Place bread crumbs in a plastic bag-that's right, a plastic bag. Dip each chicken piece in the egg mixture, then place chicken into the plastic bag. Shake the bag until the chicken is covered with bread crumbs. Bake at 350 for 45 min.
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2010, 11:32 AM   #7
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,106 Times in 15,673 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Default Shrimp Ramen

Rip bag open with teeth...

Boil water...

Do not watch it boil, cause it will piss you off

add noodles...

Kick boy around

add secret season Ramen spices

enjoy feet propped on boy..

A nice orange kool aid goes good with this tasty treat
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2010, 11:32 AM   #8
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,410 Times in 4,054 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

any meat in the oven is basically set it and forget it LOL.

I use country ribs, you know the thick ones w/wout bones
cup of water in a pyrex dish pour over BBQ sauce
350 degrees for about an hour or until tender.

Cube steak beef/deer
pyrex dish cream of mushroom soup or soup of choice
350 until done serve with rice or mashed taters

stew meat beef/deer or a london broil roast cut in half
any soup, best is onion soup or cream of mushroom or just regular brown gravy mix. Throw it in the crock pot with some water. Cook until done. If you use brown gravy or just use thickening put your veggies in there too.

Did I put this in the right thread?
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2010, 12:34 PM   #9
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

how about....... Applebees to go.........
there menu is on line .. and u can find a location near you.

http://www.applebees.com/

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 09:45 PM   #10
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Default Stroganoff - hamburger style!

This will serve six as the entree.
1 pound Hamburger (a little more is good too!)
1/2 cup chopped onion or the equivalent in minced onions
1 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove grated fresh garlic
1 cup chunked fresh mushrooms or a six ounce can of mushrooms
1 can cream of mushroom soup, + 1 can full of milk or evap milk.
1 cup sour cream (low fat and no fat work just as well as whole fat)

Saute the hamburger and onions & garlic till brown. Drain off excess grease. Add the mushrooms. Saute for a minute or two if you used fresh mushrooms. If you use canned, they don't need to be drained, but be careful so the hot liquid doesn't pop out of the pan on you. Add the mushroom soup and milk. Stir and bring to a boil. Add the sour cream and then just heat for another minute or so. Don't bring it to a boil again as it will cause the sour cream to break down.

Serve over egg noodles (you'll need the whole pound for six people), plain white rice, or mashed potatoes of the homemade or instant variety. Goes well with peas, green beans, or asparagus,and a salad.
Smooches,
Keri
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 10:06 PM   #11
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation
Default Quick and easy gourmet chicken stroganoff

Get a saucepan of water to a rapid boil before you start anything.

Thennnnn....
One pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut up into bite size pieces.
1/2 pound Portobello or crimini muchroom sliced thin
Fresh garlic to taste chopped up
Salt and pepper to taste
One cup lowfat sour cream
One pound fresh angel hair pasta that you get in the deli section

In a skillet, put two tablespoons olive oil. Add the chicken breast. Garlic, salt and pepper. Cook till almost done. Add two more tablespoons olive oil. Add mushrooms. Cook till tender. Turn stove down to low. Make sure that pot of water you put onto boil is at a rapid boil. Add angel hair pasta. Cook till al dente. About three minutes. Strain and put in serving bowl. Add sour cream to skillet that has the cooked chicken. Blend completely. Pour on top of cooked pasta. You have a quick, delicious stroganoff. If you dont like mushrooms, add any cooked vegetable that you like.
Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Jewel For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2010, 10:58 PM   #12
Galahad

How Do You Identify?:
do I have to?
Relationship Status:
single

Galahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST ReputationGalahad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Vegetarian

Chop an onion in chunks,
fry in oil till almost brown.
Add a few apples cut in chunks.
Fry med. heat until apple is as done as you like.
Remove onion apple mix,
add some chopped cabbage and a little margarine and heat it up a bit.
Galahad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Galahad For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2010, 11:36 PM   #13
MyzticReflection

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/ Her
Relationship Status:
Single

MyzticReflection Has the BEST ReputationMyzticReflection Has the BEST ReputationMyzticReflection Has the BEST ReputationMyzticReflection Has the BEST ReputationMyzticReflection Has the BEST ReputationMyzticReflection Has the BEST ReputationMyzticReflection Has the BEST ReputationMyzticReflection Has the BEST ReputationMyzticReflection Has the BEST ReputationMyzticReflection Has the BEST ReputationMyzticReflection Has the BEST Reputation

This is good to make on the weekends for the work week

Get a muffin tin and spray it with cooking spray even if its a non-stick one

In a bowl mix eggs, cheese, seasonings, spinach... anything you would put in an omelet.
Pour mixture into the muffin pan and cover with plastic wrap, and place in the freezer. Once mixture is frozen pop them out and throw them into a ziplock freezer bag ( if you leave mixture in the muffin pan too long you could get freezer burn). You can pop out a pre-made omelet each morning and nuke it.

Also using muffin tins are great for freezing individual serving sizes of most leftovers. Just put one in a plastic bowl, take to work, nuke for lunch. Also good for freezing gravies, fruit, left over broths.. etc.
MyzticReflection is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MyzticReflection For This Useful Post: