Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation
Default Technology: .gay TLD (top level domain)

Some of you know that I work in the domain name industry, most probably don't. Of course some of you probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

The governing body of the industry is bringing new TLDs (Top Level Domains) to the world. TLDs are the .com, net, etc of a web address. There are already more than a dozen Generic TLDs and a couple hundred Country Code TLDs (.co.uk, .de, etc.).

Some say the new gTLDs will cause confusion, others say they will open new opportunities for communities, businesses and people all around the world.

While in Seoul last week I met the fellow behind the non-profit (there is a competing for profit organization) organization pushing to bring a .GAY TLD to market. We wound up in Tokyo at the same time as well and I had a chance to discuss his vision for the .GAY extension and I wanted to find out what you all think.

If you would like to know more you can read about the DotGayAlliance at http://www.dotgayalliance.com/

Is .GAY something you think the world needs?

How do you see it being used?

Would you register a .GAY domain name?

What, if any, concerns do you have about it?
Waldo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
domains, internet, technology