Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2010, 11:10 AM   #1
Stearns

How Do You Identify?:
Trans Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Husband

Stearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST ReputationStearns Has the BEST Reputation
Default Activism - Past, Present & Future

I thought we could have a central place to post activist activities in which we engage, have engaged in the past, or plan to engage, in order to combat all manner of injustice. Did you march at Gay Pride? E-mail a representative over an issue? Write a letter? Make a phone call? Sign a petition? Work behind the scenes? Were you a part of the Civil Rights Movement? Women's Liberation Movement? Tell us about it.

I myself am a prolific e-mailer. It's not all I do, but it's my most common activity. Some of my e-mails are excoriating in nature (cursing and name-calling are off-limits, though), others are simple requests to a rep to support a particular issue or bill. My most recent e-mail was to David Vitter over his comment re Rachel Maddow's yearbook pic. I pointed out the sexism behind his comment and suggested that he post his apology to her on his home page. I hope what I do makes a difference, but my take on it is: Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, but you never know what's going to stick...

So, here's a place to share with one another stories of our efforts to combat bigotry, homophobia, -isms, etc. Let's hear it.
Stearns is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Stearns For This Useful Post: