Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #1
dreadgeek
Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Cinnamon spiced, caramel colored, power-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful horse girl

Thanked 6,848 Times in 1,493 Posts
dreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Freethinkers/Atheists/Naturalists Unite

Hey all:

So lacking any better place to put this topic, I decided to put it underneath Body/Mind/Spirit (although it's not exactly where I would want it but no matter). At any rate, this is a space for that small minority of us who hold to a naturalistic worldview. Some of us call ourselves freethinkers, others may use the term atheists (although these are not the same thing) and others may prefer the term naturalist. Whatever it is, if you live your life without gods, angels, The Secret, or other such ideas and ideologies this is the place for you.

So, a bit about me:

I am a non-theist, scientific naturalist who incorporates Buddhism into my world view to create and bring meaning into my life. I am studying bioinformatics, which is a marriage of computer science and biology. In a prior career incarnation, I was a freelance science reporter mostly covering HIV/AIDS treatment and breast cancer research but that was back in the early 90's.

I am a recovering Pentecostal Christian who was raised partially in the Southern Baptist church and partially in the AME (African Methodist Episcopal). After I left the church, I spent a number of years in the New Age movement (I was in the Bay Area) and fell out of it when, after reading Fred Alan Wolf's "Taking the Quantum Leap" I wanted to read a little bit deeper into the subject of quantum mechanics and discovered, much to my surprise, that quantum mechanics as described by 'mainstream' physicists and those described by, what I'll generously call the renegades is *very* different. The more I read into QM, the more I came to appreciate this amazing universe we inhabit on its own terms which led, over time, to my adopting a worldview unencumbered by supernatural considerations.

Cheers
Aj
dreadgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dreadgeek For This Useful Post: