Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > LGBT Activism, Allies, ETC.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2010, 04:01 PM   #39
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,796 Times in 4,030 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I use to put alot of bumper stickers on my cars when I was more politically active. (I am still active, but not like I use to be.)

I have a very pretty champagne colored buick century with moon roof and leather interiors. I dont want to mess it up by adding bumper sitckers all over it. Back when I had them on my vehicle, I drove an old eddie bauer bronco type SUV. LOVED that car/truck!

My fav sticker was "get a taste of religion...lick a witch"

I didnt put up a gay flag this year because I didnt want to shame the gay community...my gardens and landscaping werent anywhere near finished! Next year I can add a rainbox flag!

my theme in the house is definitely primitive with a horse theme added to it...rainbows dont fit well with it but I would like a few things. I found my sun catchers and discovered the pink triangle one made the trip with me from PA to NY to PA to NH to Ohio...so its going up tomorrow...

but...I am not in OZ. And I have to remember I live by myself, am more fragile body wise than I ever have been and my town's motto is "Campbell....a town of many churches".

Yesterday, some city men came and began the tear down of the abandoned house next door to mine. I am all excited because they are tearing out shrubs and trees for me and they are giving them to me! But, I digress...

as we were talking, they told me theyfound a huge asst of jewelry making supplies in various bins. I expressed interest in them but he said he was giving them to his kids. A serious waste but I understand, and besides, I am getting shrubs and trees. Later that afternoon, he tells me I can have the jewelry supplies and his nose scrunched up...so I asked why he changed his mind...he said the people who lived there were weirdoes...

weirdoes??

yes...and he bent down and pulled off the ground several photos of drag queens showing off their outfits.

oh....heavy sigh....

he said he didnt want his kids playing with anything they might have touched. Who knows what they could catch from them.

Well now...

I started blurting out facts about HIV transmission and Hep transmission and how drag queens are not necessarily gay and that there was a difference between drag queens and female impersonators (and he broke in and said "yeah well there were two of them living here together!") and how they are the least violent of neighbors in neighborhoods and that once someone starts competing, its like any other beauty pageant, alot of money could be made and that alot of them donated to my HIV housing units I ran and helped put on fund raisers for the HIV camp for kids and they actualy said "awwww....that was nice of them!"...

so I made the weirdoes into nice guys....

but that tells me the city I live in is more rainbow phobic than I am used to.

So since I am older, more frail and live alone, I will put up the gay flag but not burn a wedding dress in my front yard....
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post: