Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Jungian Tibetan Buddhism/Native American Spirituality/ and .....

Like many, several years of my life are filled with spiritual passages. I left Christianity and searched for what might fit for me and ended up with somewhat of a hodgepodge of religious and spiritual thought. As a psychotherapist, the work of theorists in the field studying both Jungian psychology along with Buddism has always fascinated me. Part of this is due to Jung developing his ideas from several disciplines including philosophy, religion, biology, zoology, medicine, anthropolgy and paleontology. Amazing for someone that advanced the study of the unconscious! Then, again, he and Freud as ethnocists (the term was coined by both along with their contemporaries which became European cultural anthropology.

The Jungian concepts of Anima and Animus come up during our discussions of gender as Jung's ideas about gender were not of the binary. Interesting, given the time era he lived in and all of the Freudian influences in his studies.

Now that we are able to read Jung's Red Book, how much he was influenced by Eastern philosophy and spirituality is evident. He wrote this after the big break from Freud, but it was never published until last year.

I am wondering if any other members want to engage in discussion about Jung and Buddism, other spiritual thought such as Native American beliefs?

Some titles that I find interesting are (all are available at amizon.com- there is even a contest to win a hardcover copy of his Red Book!)-

The Essence of Jung's Psychology and Tibetan Buddhism: Western and Eastern Paths to the Heart

Radmila Moacanin

Buddhism and Jungian Psychology by J. Marvin Spiegelman

Jung and Eastern Thought (Suny Series, Transpersonal & Humanistic Psychology) by Harold G. Coward

Jung and Eastern Thought: A Dialogue with the Orient by J. J. Clarke

A book going into Jung, psychotherapy and Native American thought is-

Dancing Between Two Worlds: Jung and the Native American Soul (Jung and Spirituality) [Paperback]
Fred R. Gustafson

On Hindu thought-

http://spirituality-sparks.com/2010/...ddhist-anatta/

Jung’s “Self,” Hindu Atman and Buddhist Anatta
Madhu B. Wangu

Please add to the list! Winter always brings out reading more than usual, so, anything offered to take a look at would be great! Lets just enjoy this- I have no intention of arguing about what anyone believes in terms of their spirituality- or lack of it.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: