Old 07-22-2011, 11:27 AM   #15
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,178 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

What a terrific thread! Glad it was bumped!

My Mom was the best influence on me as far as "giving back"....I've been a volunteer of some sort since I was 15....starting in a nursing home as a Red Cross Volunteer...then here at Breckenridge Hospital.....

In college, I read to elementary children in the library. And on and on.......

Currently, I'm a volunteer for Dell Children's Hospital and Out Youth. Also, I run errands for Safe Place.

One thing I love to do is throw my bi~annual parties and have a cause......so my guests bring things (their "entrance fee") to donate.....one year it was for Toys For Tots, Safe Place, the Austin Food Pantry (which serves women who are dealing with HIV/AIDS), Blue Santa, etc. It makes a party worth throwing, to be sure!

Volunteering is a marvelous way to give of Yourself. It just feels good and good is done!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post: