Old 09-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #15
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromeplatedbutch View Post
I have my own trucking business.... I drive. I am not in debt with anything. None of my equipment isnt paid off. So, if I were to sell, I'd get probably $25,000 at the most...being I've put probably $50,000 into it since 2007. Ive thought about hiring someone to drive for me, but I've been thru that once and it was a disaster. I had 4 trucks, sold 3 now I'm down to just this one. But when I put drivers in trucks, it was always somethinng. 4am phone call, " Im stuck in the ditch, need a tow truck. ($450 at least)" or I just ran over a nail and blew a tire ($400 for one tire). If you get a good driver, you're lucky. I just haven't found one yet. I like what I do. I like the $$$ I make. But like everyone has said, if I can save the $$$ that I make now and invest it, I can retire early. If I get the lower paying job and make the lower end, I cant save as much BUT I also wont have as many expenses. License plates are $1550 a year, repairs are outrageous, traffic is HORRIBLE. But by the end of the week, I'm proud to be 29 years old and have my own business. I have a great company that backs me 100%. that I haul freight for. I paid my truck off last year....This year we went on Vacation for the first time in 7 years...and it felt so GREAT to be able to do that.

We could live on $750 a week with no problem. I'd just like to take this oppurtunity that I've been given to make the best out of it. I also get to go visit my grandmother who raised me anytime I want who lives 800 miles away in DALLAS.

I went to 3 years of college at WKU for Nursing/criminology. If I could save up money NOW, maybe in a few years I can finish my college and do what Ive always wanted to do.

I could go on and on but I dont wanna bore everyone LOL
Thanks for posting this so that we can further understand. It's not easy to share personal information, let alone finances with others (strangers).. hopefully we aren't strangers as we are all here as a community willing to help and offer advice from our own experiences, etc. So thank you. I respect you for that and commend you for having your own business and making it work to the best of your ability and having a relationship with how young you are and reaching out to figure out the best possible situation for you and your loved ones and your future.

That being said, I think at some point you have to get deep into the business or let it go. You may love it now and the money but at some point you will be tired of the day in and day out routine and wish you would have spent more time with your family. My suggestion is try to find a partner again, give it some time a year to find someone you can trust and someone who sees the business as their own and willing to make it work the way you have. I truly believe you can find this person and can be a rewarding experience allowing you time away for your family, trusting everything will be taken care of.

If it was me, that's what I would do. I would keep the business, getting away from it slowly but surely and starting to do the things I love more: family time, school, other opportunities.

Good luck!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post: