Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2009, 09:57 PM   #1
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Islamic Dawah..

As-Salamu Aleikum..
Hopefully I can post this here...
I know there's Muslims within the butch-femme community, so, I suppose I can get the ball rolling...
I hope that in creating this thread, Myths can be dispelled, Decent, civil, Non-judgemental discussions, inquiries can be had and/or asked..
Up until the age of 17, I studied Shari'a / Fiqh in-depth, after I came out, obviously I had some set-backs, my would-be sponsor eventually backed off..And yes, because of other Influences [ mostly my mothers' Family interference as Santeros + being rejected by the mainstream Muslim community at-large for being Queer, and my keen interest in Judaism within my Family Tree], I did let sleeping dogs lie and neglected my studies for some time...
No, I'm not a Hijabi/Niqaabi, but I do encourage muslim Femmes to don the veil (no, not the Burqah)..As a Transmasculine Stone Butch, I reconciled my modesty to meet with the masculine attire, of course..
This is not "bid'a", as some archaic narrow-minded Mullah would claim..
But rather complying with how Allah (SAW) made me in every sense of the word..
and I do have Medical + Sunnah backup...
I was raised in what some Westerners would consider an oppressive environment..
My "school of thought"(Madhab) is Hanbali {Salaf}, Westerners mistakenly call it Wahhabi...and claim it's "extremism"..I, on the other hand, do not..as many others..At best, we're simply "Ultra-Orthodox".. [there's 4 main Madhabs]
That there's some bad apples trying to wreck things, and the focus of the world is on those few bad apples, I won't deny they exist..they do...
My Madhab is of the belief that Islamic laws, jurisprudence etc.. Must have validity specifically given from the Qu'ran, and Sunnah..If there is none there, Then, and only then can we seek into the Sahabah's [companions directly involved with the Prophet Muhammed(RA), and the writing of the Qu'ran] advise, if seeking "backup" from the Sahabah proves futile, then the closest Hadith is permissible but it cannot be so "weak" that it borderlines unsuitable..
Obviously at this point, you know I'm Sunni...
The division between Sunni and Shi'a is Political...Not religious...
Although Shi'a do tend to do things slightly different, and at times...meh..
I digress...

I'm not "active" as I'd like..
I do observe Ramadhan, I give Zakat, because of my health both go hand-in-hand, I've performed Haj.. By Islamic law I'm entitled to place "Hajji" in my name, I dont only because as it is, I'm having difficulty changing my entire Name legally...
I don't attend Jumah because my Dialysis prevents me from going..

And then there's the Santero/Judaic factor...Which is another thread for another time...

Hopefully that helps a lil'...

I only ask for respectable Inquiries, positive discussions, and Zero prejudice...
If I can answer, great, I don't have all the answers, nor do I pretend to claim I know it all, I don't...
I won't bother with bashings..
If Other butch/femme muslims wish to answer, by all means, more than welcome to give your views...

Jazakum Allah khair