Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2011, 05:44 AM   #11
Inuus

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Single Not Looking

Inuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST ReputationInuus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
If you can't trust your vet to answer this question, I personally would get a new one!
Yes exactly how I feel. I have been through SO many Vets. I actually interview them before I decide. I'm quite lucky now the Vet I have understands me very well and knows how to "handle" me so to speak. One day he said to me "Sue, there are people who treat their pets like pets nothing more. Then there are people who treat their pets as they would their own children....and we both know what category you fall into" He wasn't being condescending or patronizing, he just understands how to approach me if you can understand that.

I agree with DabberButch, I would he hesitant to do anything unless I asked my Vet. But then again I trust him so that makes a huge difference.

Do a search there are lots of forums and email groups that offer a wealth of information. It helps to talk to people who are going through or have gone through the same problem. I joined a canine liver disease email group when Gouda had severe problems with her liver following her chemo. It helped a lot.