Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2012, 08:50 PM   #31
yotlyolqualli

How Do You Identify?:
submissive femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
moving forward and not looking back... anything is possible!

Thanked 1,271 Times in 184 Posts
yotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputationyotlyolqualli Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
but i do know a lot of people who don't realize the damage that overexercising or undereating or maintaining an extremely low body fat % can do to their bodies because it's not talked about as much, and i wish that i had known and had someone to support me, so i felt the need to speak up at least. i also really worry about that kind of standard being glorified here.

With all due respect, this bugged me.

There's a thread here, I believe it's entitled "the fat positive lounge"

Now, there is nothing wrong with accepting and loving yourself, no matter WHAT size you are. However, could it not be said that that thread is glorifying a certain standard as well?

I believe that no matter what size you are, you should be treated with respect and not bombarded with how "unhealthy" you are.

Being overweight or obese is BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH!

Being underweight or anorexic is BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH!

One extreme, is just as unhealthy as the other.

Having said that, each person is responsible for their own health. They have the option of seeing a doctor, they also have the option of not seeing one. It is up to each individual and their health care provider, to decide what is healthy and what isn't healthy, not the general public.

Even then, if people here are physicians or health care providers (I know there are some here) until they actually see the patient (individual) even their "expert opinion" is just that, an opinion and doctor's are not always right.

Case in point. I had a gastric bypass in 2007. We were told, in no uncertain terms, that post surgery, and, for the most part, the rest of our lives, we would not be able to take any OTC pain relievers with blood thinners in them, OR prescribed medications with blood thinners in them.

When I came out of the anesthesia, morphine wasn't taking care of the pain (we know now that morphine just does not work with me) the recovery room doctor and RN tried to force a percoset (sp?) on me!

Later, after having had an stomach ulcer and a gastric hemhorage(?) my PCP STILL prescribed prescription strength naproxen for pain.

Anyway...

I don't think it's in any way fair to judge someone's looks or health by what size they are, no matter if they are big or small.

Just my two cents worth.