![]() |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Junior Member
How Do You Identify?:
butch Relationship Status:
ISO geeky femme who can run this INTJ a bit Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 13
Thanks: 7
Thanked 53 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 644255 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
This introvert could never do that. I would spend the five minutes palms sweating and tripping over my words, only to have to move on. I suck at small talk, and real conversations can’t happen in five minutes.
|
|
|
|
| The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to butchgeek For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#2 |
|
Infamous Member
How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 8,258
Thanks: 39,306
Thanked 40,444 Times in 7,285 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
It makes me almost break out in a sweat just to think about it...
__________________
~Anya~ ![]() Democracy Dies in Darkness ~Washington Post "...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable." UN Human Rights commissioner |
|
|
|
| The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#3 |
|
Pixie Stick
How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme. Preferred Pronoun?:
She. Relationship Status:
Happily taken. Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 11,293
Thanks: 31,723
Thanked 31,816 Times in 6,109 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I did a speed dating once at a queer kinky event and met someone I played with that night. That was like seven years ago and we're still good friends and occasionally indulge in some kinky play. I say that speed dating was very successful! I haven't been to a "real" one though, and probably never would.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Infamous Member
How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch Preferred Pronoun?:
He Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,164
Thanks: 11,746
Thanked 20,309 Times in 5,677 Posts
Rep Power: 21474859 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I have never tried speed dating but I would try it at least once.
Made me think about my youth in the disco bars but "dating" was not what we were doing by a long shot. Haha!
|
|
|
|
| The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#5 |
|
Practically Lives Here
How Do You Identify?:
Butch Relationship Status:
..... Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 30 minute ferry ride from Seattle
Posts: 38,565
Thanks: 20,811
Thanked 33,541 Times in 14,913 Posts
Rep Power: 21474890 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
I would do speed dating in a heartbeat........
And not to derail the thread but I once read about a party/event where everyone brought 1 person with them that they felt was a very nice person but there just wasn't any chemistry/connection between them. This sound like something I'd like to give a shot to as well......... |
|
|
|
| The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: |
|
|
#6 | |
|
Practically Lives Here
How Do You Identify?:
Butch Relationship Status:
..... Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 30 minute ferry ride from Seattle
Posts: 38,565
Thanks: 20,811
Thanked 33,541 Times in 14,913 Posts
Rep Power: 21474890 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Senior Member
How Do You Identify?:
N/A ![]() Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: WA
Posts: 4,434
Thanks: 37,962
Thanked 10,263 Times in 3,142 Posts
Rep Power: 21474850 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
No but I did try speed dating once. Well I don't know that it was speed dating proper, like they used to show on television but I did do, if not that, something simillar. For me it wasn't a pleasant experience. First there was the possible, potential stranger danger factor. Not liking it - people coming unknown/not recommended by trustworthy, reliable sources. We had to give our real names and what if afterwards some kook followed me, stalked us. The alley we'd went down to get there wasn't very comforting at all. Like this would be nice, safe, fun place, full of non-creepy people, we were headed to. But having a friend with me gave me courage. It turned out it was a mostly male/female heterosexual, maybe bisexual thing going on. I didn't see any butch lesbians, at least not any obvious ones. There was one woman who told me she was butch and only there dressed femme because her friends had convinced her she'd have better luck finding a match to date if she toned it down some, tried dressing more femme. She pulled off her wig to prove it to me but come on she was there in a wig and a dress with makeup on, attempting to try and deceive people. I certainly wasn't going to take her at her word. No to truly determine it, that would require closer inspection, from a distance, with binoculars. Just because well if she was a butch, pretending to be femme, who's to say she wasn't a man pretending to be a butch lesbian, or a serial killer pretending to be some Dudley Do-Rite. Not that there's anything wrong with being a man or femme or a Good Samaritan it's just - be yourself because there is nothing attractive or even remotely interesting about a consummate liar. I don't know, maybe it would have been a different experience in a honest environment. But on the other hand if I haven't felt a compelling need to try it again, in over a quarter of a century, well I think that right there is very telling, speaks a lot about how miserable I found the whole experience.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|